Was anyone accepted by UNM yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

April324

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied as early decision to the University of New Mexico and was invited to attend to the interview at 10/12/2007. But I just got a letter this afternoon says I was not selected this time but my application will be rolled over to the regular admission pool. I am very upset about it. I assumed ED should have a higher chance to be accepted, so if I was not accepted this time, do I have a much lower chance to be accepted? Or may be they would like to see more applicants before they make their final decision? Has anyone actually got accepted yet? No matter what school you applied to. By the way, how many schools I should apply?

Members don't see this ad.

When did you interview at UNM? I haven't heard anything since my interview, I think we're supposed to find out in May.

I talked to Dr. Thompson the other day. I'm not sure if they want spring semester transcripts but they aren't making any decisions until school is out. She made it sound like people will hear around Memorial Day.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends... are you in state or outs of state.
They let some outs of staters know already.
I received an acceptance letter (as an out of stater) 1.5 weeks after my interview.

letters went out yesterday.

boyfriend got his today.

did not get accepted. got my letter on 24th

I'm sorry to hear that - you should make an appointment with Megan or Beth or Krystle to discuss your application and what you can do for it next year.

good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that - you should make an appointment with Megan or Beth or Krystle to discuss your application and what you can do for it next year.

good luck!

i did try to schedule an appointment but they will be taking appointments after 16th june.

do you think it will be helpful to appeal to the adcom to go through the application again or something??

i did try to schedule an appointment but they will be taking appointments after 16th june.

do you think it will be helpful to appeal to the adcom to go through the application again or something??

that's something to discuss at your appointment. I wasn't on the adcom so I don't know how they think about those things, you know?

that's something to discuss at your appointment. I wasn't on the adcom so I don't know how they think about those things, you know?

thanks
sorry to bother you with it