was examkrackers verbal useful for april 2002 mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

after today's peformance, i'm pretty much set on starting to study for august's mcats after finals...argghh. :mad: i took kaplan but don't think it was much use since i couldn't go to the library that often.

for those who used examkrackers material, how did you do? any recommendations on if their verbal book helped you out? how many passages does it contain?

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by coenocyte:
•hey,

after today's peformance, i'm pretty much set on starting to study for august's mcats after finals...argghh. i took kaplan but don't think it was much use since i couldn't go to the library that often.

for those who used examkrackers material, how did you do? any recommendations on if their verbal book helped you out? how many passages does it contain?•••••Even though i was taking pr, i was using EK verbal method which was more logical in terms of approaching the verbal section. just buy the EK verbal book and see if it works for you. it did for me and i was able to complete the verbal on time and logical able to guess on the hard questions. :cool: :cool:

Yup -- the whole series is awesome. I used them a lot more than the $80 Kaplan and Princeton books.

I used mostly the 1001 ochem series... I think that really helped me in the bio section today. I also had the 1001 physics book, which was useful in nailing down concepts, but I found the questions in it a little too hard and not very motivating.

I think the EK verbal advice was rock solid for today's verbal section. Most of the questions were complex infer/author's opinion/support and evidence type of questions. There were relatively few "find the phrase in the passage" type questions.

Overall I found the verbal section difficult, physical science moderately difficult, and bio section very easy.