Was there a drug bust and an HPV outbreak at Harvard Extension over last summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wormboge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering because someone told me that there are certain programs and positions where they are taking this into consideration. While I do not want to explain my personal circumstances, they might conflict with these circumstances if true and require explaining. If there was, there was likely a request not to talk about it, but not talking can make misunderstandings many times worse. (Title should say, oral HPV, the kind that makes people cough and cough...) If so, it is very important that they notify certain people because I kept getting prescribed wart removal products over the summer and getting called names, but I have never had a wart to the best of my knowledge. And there's other strange stuff... Lots of people off campus have been acting as if I am a wart garden who deals drugs, but this could not be further from the truth, and it has never happened before. I think there are other students who are having similar trouble.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you mean hsv pharyngitis?

What do you mean "warts?" And why do you think you were prescribed something with no indication? That seems dubious.

I'm not sure what information you're trying to get out of this post. Sounds very speculative and gossipy. I did the HES postbac

Do you mean hsv pharyngitis?

What do you mean "warts?" And why do you think you were prescribed something with no indication? That seems dubious.

I'm not sure what information you're trying to get out of this post. Sounds very speculative and gossipy. I did the HES postbac

Thanks for letting me know that I was not coming across the way I was hoping to. Starting toward the end of the summer, I've been encountering a lot of people who assume that I have had a respiratory fungus and inaccurately assume that I have taken hard drugs. These wrong assumptions have been influencing my ability to get healthcare, and much more.

Some of my misfortune: For the first time in my life, a landlord kicked me out of her house and I could not figure out why. She called me, "The Fungus," and accused me of dealing drugs, which I would never even come close to doing. I do not think I have ever had a wart or any other fungus, and I have never struggled with, or even tried, hard drugs, with the exception of ADHD medication taken exactly as prescribed. I went to the doctor for dandruff, and was prescribed a large bag the size of a large supermarket paper bag, half way full of fluconazole individually wrapped tablets, fungus ointment, and clarazole shampoo, and later confirmed that I did not, and still do not have any detectable fungus, and I have not been at risk for any as far as we can tell. Unlike before, my doctors have been asking at least a few questions about my respiratory health, and another few questions about drugs, every time I visit them, and never did before. And then when the questioning is over and unremarkable, I am asked where I go to school with a puzzled look on the doctor's face. I later ran out of a prescription for my ADHD medication, and later ordered my medical records to find out that instead of "medication refill" listed as the reason for the visit, "drug abuse," was inaccurately listed, so I had to have that corrected as I was not abusing drugs, and have no record of doing so either.

I have also been meeting new people who are saying things that suggest I manufacture illegal drugs or am some sort of independent chemistry whiz. For the first time I remember, at the very beginning of the school year, some people got mad when I entered the restroom and accused me of, "putting warts all over the place," when I would never do such thing, especially since I do not have them to begin with, and I am a clean person. Then some female classmates started flirting with me and saying things that suggested that warts were not a problem to them. Upon returning to school in the fall, lots of classmates were missing, or very quiet compared to last year. It may be coincidental, but many people's voices have changed from normal sounding, to lower in pitch and raspier, and more chronic coughs on campus than what I remember from the fall. There has been a lot of whispering about a cocaine or drug bust during the summer and suspensions, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this. There's more, but my purpose is to learn enough to set the record straight with the people who are causing me problems. When I tell people that I do not know what is going on, the reaction is that I am playing dumb, responses are like, "of course you know!" If I knew what, if anything, is actually going on, maybe I could come up with better evidence that I do not have warts in my mouth and throat and elsewhere, and I do not do drugs. My goal is to solve my problem of taking heat, so to say, for stuff that is not true about me. I do not gossip intentionally, and am very good at keeping information to myself. PM's are welcome, even if it is just to recommend another way of fixing this problem. I have tried many things, and this is more of a last resort.

Last edited:
It seems like you are seeking medical advice based on this thread and others. This is not allowed. This thread is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.