Wash U interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Camillekc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to get back to the airport after the interview day? I'm trying to buy my plane ticket, and there's a few hundred dollars difference if I can get to the airport for a 3:53 flight. What do you think? Possible? I'm a little worried about traffic.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

oh yeah, i actually hopped an earlier flight. unless you have an afternoon interview (i think one person in my group did), you'll be done at lunch (12:45ish). If you take the rail in and out, you'll be back at the airport in plenty of time. i think i made a 2:15 or 2:30 flight. you'll just want to call their office ahead of time to ensure you don't have an afternoon interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
take the metro to/from the airport. it's about a half hour ride, and you don't have to worry about traffic.

Be sure to let the admissions office know your flight schedule... I had an afternoon interview and wasn't done for a while.

goodeats said:
oh yeah, i actually hopped an earlier flight. unless you have an afternoon interview (i think one person in my group did), you'll be done at lunch (12:45ish). If you take the rail in and out, you'll be back at the airport in plenty of time. i think i made a 2:15 or 2:30 flight. you'll just want to call their office ahead of time to ensure you don't have an afternoon interview.

That's really odd. Those of us with morning interviews had a tour after lunch from 1-2:30pm. Our tour actually went over, so I didn't finish till 3 even though my interview was at 9:30am...I wonder why it would be different for you guys. I interviewed in October.

There should be a morning tour too. I had my interview first thing in the morning and had the tour right after, and so I was done after lunch. But some people in my group had late morning interviews, which overlapped with the morning tour, so they had to go on the afternoon tour.

stherling said:
take the metro to/from the airport. it's about a half hour ride, and you don't have to worry about traffic.

The metro is def the way to get back to the airport from WashU.

I got the impression that Wash U schedules your interviews/tours based on the flight info you provide. I definitely know of a few of people who were done right after lunch the day I interviewed there. (around 1pm)

Thanks so much. I will definitely take your advice.

call the office right away!! i had the same situation for flights (i had a midterm the next day) and they were really nice about it.