Wash-U Rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DALABROKA

Raider Hater
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been rejected from Wash-U yet? Any idea when they start rejections for pre or post-interview applicants. I requested an interview about a month ago because I was going to be in the area for another interview and I got this e-mail back from the interview coordinator:
Dear DALA,
Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and we will not be able to offer you an interview.
Thank you,
Interview Coordinator

This sure sounds like a rejection, but I don't like the fact that it was sent via the Interview Coordinator. I e-mailed them back for clarification as to the intentions of the admissions committee, but I have never received a reply. My only thought is that, because I requested an interview, they ran me through some kind of quick screening that I didn't pass. I'm still not sure if I am rejected, or my application is still on hold for future consideration. My sentiments are obviously overly optimistic, but what the hell. I think I will call them tomorrow to find out what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else?

DALA

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I received the exact same email after I requested an interview b/c I was traveling in the area. That was quite some time ago and I haven't heard back from them. I am assuming it is a rejection (but that's okay b/c I've received interviews and acceptances from schools higher on my list!).

Hey, if you call and get any interesting news, please post here. I am just asusming this means they are not interested, but I might be wrong.

Good luck,
PD

Called today, they said that these emails are not rejections and that the note should say "not be able to offer you an interview at this time". However, I still think this is just a non-official rejection.
:(

DALA

Yeah, I think mine said, "at this time" but I assumed it was just a sugar-coated denial. Oh well -- it's good to keep expectations from running wild!

Good luck,
PD