1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wash-U Rejections?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DALABROKA, Dec 1, 2002.

1. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Has anyone been rejected from Wash-U yet? Any idea when they start rejections for pre or post-interview applicants. I requested an interview about a month ago because I was going to be in the area for another interview and I got this e-mail back from the interview coordinator:
    This sure sounds like a rejection, but I don't like the fact that it was sent via the Interview Coordinator. I e-mailed them back for clarification as to the intentions of the admissions committee, but I have never received a reply. My only thought is that, because I requested an interview, they ran me through some kind of quick screening that I didn't pass. I'm still not sure if I am rejected, or my application is still on hold for future consideration. My sentiments are obviously overly optimistic, but what the hell. I think I will call them tomorrow to find out what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else?

DALA

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pallhaco doce

pallhaco doce Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, I received the exact same email after I requested an interview b/c I was traveling in the area. That was quite some time ago and I haven't heard back from them. I am assuming it is a rejection (but that's okay b/c I've received interviews and acceptances from schools higher on my list!).

Hey, if you call and get any interesting news, please post here. I am just asusming this means they are not interested, but I might be wrong.

Good luck,
    PD

4. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Called today, they said that these emails are not rejections and that the note should say "not be able to offer you an interview at this time". However, I still think this is just a non-official rejection.
    :(

DALA

5. pallhaco doce

pallhaco doce Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I think mine said, "at this time" but I assumed it was just a sugar-coated denial. Oh well -- it's good to keep expectations from running wild!

Good luck,
    PD