1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Wash-U Rejections?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DALABROKA, Dec 1, 2002.

1. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Has anyone been rejected from Wash-U yet? Any idea when they start rejections for pre or post-interview applicants. I requested an interview about a month ago because I was going to be in the area for another interview and I got this e-mail back from the interview coordinator:
    This sure sounds like a rejection, but I don't like the fact that it was sent via the Interview Coordinator. I e-mailed them back for clarification as to the intentions of the admissions committee, but I have never received a reply. My only thought is that, because I requested an interview, they ran me through some kind of quick screening that I didn't pass. I'm still not sure if I am rejected, or my application is still on hold for future consideration. My sentiments are obviously overly optimistic, but what the hell. I think I will call them tomorrow to find out what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else?

DALA

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pallhaco doce

pallhaco doce Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, I received the exact same email after I requested an interview b/c I was traveling in the area. That was quite some time ago and I haven't heard back from them. I am assuming it is a rejection (but that's okay b/c I've received interviews and acceptances from schools higher on my list!).

Hey, if you call and get any interesting news, please post here. I am just asusming this means they are not interested, but I might be wrong.

Good luck,
    PD

4. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Called today, they said that these emails are not rejections and that the note should say "not be able to offer you an interview at this time". However, I still think this is just a non-official rejection.
    :(

DALA

5. pallhaco doce

pallhaco doce Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I think mine said, "at this time" but I assumed it was just a sugar-coated denial. Oh well -- it's good to keep expectations from running wild!

Good luck,
    PD