SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wash U secondary question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003], Jul 30, 2002.

1. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Q: Have you had any personal experience or relationship with Washington University. (1800 char)

What's up with that? Do I have to say her why I like this school and so on or what?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes! 10+ Year Member

Why not.

Try to work Nelly into your answer, I'm sure they would appreciate that. ;)

4. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Apr 8, 2002
    I do not knoq. I have never been in St. Louis but I know how good that school is. I want to say YES but I am not sure what I really should talk about since I have never been even on their campus.

5. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes! 10+ Year Member

Actually I was being faceitous (sp?) before.

It sounds like this question is referring more to things like whether you have any relatives that went to Wash U or Wash U School of Medicine specifically, or perhaps if you or a member of your family were a patient at Barnes-Jewish or something.

I think it would be fine to leave this blank if you can't think of a way it applies to you.

6. Bikini Princess

Bikini Princess 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2002
    Like this:

As my iterative relationship with the musical master known as NELLY has matured, I have grown to savour the artistic culture of the greater St. Louis area....in fact, the celebrated opus of NELLY has had a formative influence upon my college years...and to conclude, I owe my profound enthusiasm to spend the remainder my life in St Louis to NELLY.

7. Cydney Foote

Cydney Foote Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do you know Washington U. alumni? It might not even be medical people, but other professors you might have had. It's going to be really hard to BS this one if there's NO personal relationship, but you could write a really good essay if you ask someone who went there for a few highlights about the place.

Good luck!

8. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Apr 8, 2002
    My prof worked in Wash u for many years. I might ask him. I might also buy a bus ticket to Saint Louis for a weekend to tell that I have actually been on campus

9. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Apr 8, 2002
    Why do other people choose Wash U?

10. warpath

warpath Officer Cadet 7+ Year Member

Dec 2, 2001
    I'll be attending Wash U this August, and I can tell you that they are not looking for any particular thing in that question. Just put NO if you've never had any personal experience or relationship (eg. a relatives who are students or alumni). About why you like the school, they don't really want you to answer that in that question. That will most likely come during the interview (unless they specifically asked for it in the secondary, applications change from year to year). Hope that helps.

11. tBw

tBw totally deluded 7+ Year Member

Oct 6, 2001
    infront of an iMac
    While I think all open ended essay questions should be answered eg "In this space you may add any additional info you would like the AdCom to know about you" I think if a school asks a specific question "Do you have a connection to Wash U?" it's better to be upfront and say 'no' than write some BS essay about something other than what the question asked

Do you have a connection to Wash U

"Well, one time I saw St Louis on a map, and I've always wanted to see the arch - what is that made of by the way, cow hide? - and it is true that I "Wash me" every day...."

I think you'de just end up sounding stupid, like you can't read a question properly...

12. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 27, 2002
    New York
    going along with what warpath said - I put "No." Last year - didnt get an interview for MD/PhD, but did for MD... so I guess that answers that - it doesn f-ing matter!

13. tBw

tBw totally deluded 7+ Year Member

Oct 6, 2001
    infront of an iMac
    or you could always go with putting

"Yes, I am a future med school alum"....

14. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Apr 8, 2002
    How are other people going to answer this question?

15. Dr. Dodger Dog

Dr. Dodger Dog 7+ Year Member

Jul 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    i left it blank

16. dr kevin40

dr kevin40 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 21, 2002
    cali
    dodger dog = idiot

17. Dr. Dodger Dog

Jul 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I didn't have any personal experience with the school so I left it blank. What's so idiotic about that?

18. jot

jot

i left it blank - bring it.

19. dr kevin40

Jun 21, 2002
    cali
    dodger dog = idiot

=)

20. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Apr 8, 2002
    Did anyone answer to their optional question?

21. dr kevin40

Jun 21, 2002
    cali
    i applied to wash u!

i reallllllllllllllllllly wanna go there. its my dream school. born and raised in the ghetto streets of st louis

22. Bikini Princess

Bikini Princess 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2002
    maturity check

23. Dr. Dodger Dog

Jul 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    haha... it's all good. I know Dr. Kevin... he's just jokin around with me...

24. dr kevin40

Jun 21, 2002
    cali
    dodger dog and i r tight bikini princess!

would u mind showing us a pic of u in the article of clothing in ur username?

(ouuuch. dr kevin gets slapped) :)