Wash U secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Res-J

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are people applying to the MD program at Wash U also getting their MSTP brochure? I've heard this from a couple people and was curious.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't. However, I didn't indicate I was applying to the PhD program.

On another note: does anyone have any thoughts on the 1st essay question "do you have any personal experiences or connection to Washington University? Yes or No" I'm just leaving it blank, I think, b/c I don't want to BS something. Wish I knew someone there!

Originally posted by spumoni620
On another note: does anyone have any thoughts on the 1st essay question "do you have any personal experiences or connection to Washington University? Yes or No" I'm just leaving it blank, I think, b/c I don't want to BS something. Wish I knew someone there!

I'm leaving it blank. I have absolutely no connections. Anywhere. My personal experiences with WashU consist of looking at their website and reading the pamphlet they sent me. Hardly worth writing about, eh?

Members don't see this ad :)
left it blank

i got the brochure last year even though i didn't say i was interested in their mstp program, maybe it's just some random thing...

and i also left that question blank, i'm pretty sure it didn't hurt me...

good luck!

thx guys. gonna be super-honest and leave the question blank...

I know every time someone posts something even remotely philosophical, it gets into a big argument, but can you really be "super-honest" I kinda see it as more of an honest or dishonest thing, not a grey zone.

I guess I've seen too many people lie on applications though.

no i know what you mean...there really isn't such a thing as a "white lie" on a med school app...you're either honest or not. it's just that sometimes it's hard to know whether a question is something you interpret figuratively to your own meaning or a cut-and-dry, technical yes-or-no question. honest was probably the wrong choice of words. i guess "literal interpretation" would be more precise.

I still kinda see this as a yes/no thing, but I'm glad to hear you understand.

I knew a guy once who was remotely hispanic, and spoke fluent spanish, who made himself out to be URM. He came from a rich family in New York, and really had no disadvantages. He did, however, get a lot of rejections.

I kinda wish they would check up on that kinda thing more.