Wash U secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superk0725

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the secondary questions for Wash U. ask "whether you have had any personal experience or relationship with them."

Now, I was wondering if I should mention the fact that I visited Wash U. when i was applying to colleges and that they flew me out there and arranged for a place for me to stay for 3 days. I actually got admitted there but decided not to go. do you think this is worth mentioning or could it be taken in a negative way since i chose against going there.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that's the kind of stuff they're interested in knowing about, just be honest about the reason that you decided not to go there like a scholarship somewhere else or couldn't afford out of state tuition or whatever. They understand that people want a good education but not everyone can afford to go to schools like that.

I don't think it will be held against you for sure if it doesn't help you.

-Cantal

superk,

i had a similar experience and wrote about it for that essay on the washu secondary. made sure to mention that even though i didn't end up going there that i was left with a nice impression of the place.

thanks for the input