Wash U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ribbi_j

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody heard anything post-interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

goodluck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Today's the day! Good luck all.

what did all of you think about the curriculum compared to other places? this could very well be a moot point as I could easily not have the option of considering them... just curious what others think- it helps me not think about waiting.

do they call today for acceptances or should we expect a snail mail letter or email next week sometime?

ribbi_j said:
what did all of you think about the curriculum compared to other places? this could very well be a moot point as I could easily not have the option of considering them... just curious what others think- it helps me not think about waiting.
Personally, I didn't think it was all that great, they have a very traditional curriculum with a lot of lecture and limited patient exposure in the first two years. And their tests are timed so that you have several of them at once, causing some very stressful weeks.

HeHateMe said:
Personally, I didn't think it was all that great, they have a very traditional curriculum with a lot of lecture and limited patient exposure in the first two years. And their tests are timed so that you have several of them at once, causing some very stressful weeks.

I agree completely... they talked on my interview day about how they were one of the first schools in the nation to change the way they presented their medical education, about how forward thinking tehy are... I thought they were more mired in old ways as any other place I've been.

is today really the day they meet??? if it is, then i'm freakin out man!!!

I dunno, it depends how reliable Wiggy's source of your information is. Is today really the day, Wig?

Is the director of admissions reliable enough for you? :D

well even if they do meet today, it's reasonable to assume they'll start notifying people tomorrow at the earliest. cuz they might not even meet until later on tonight.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you guys seem to be so well-informed on WashU's admissions policies, I was wondering if anyone knew about the order in which they give out interview invites. It's been 3.5 months since I've been complete, and I have not gotten an interview invite yet. Did anyone else have a long wait before receiving the invitation? When will they finally get around to rejecting me :eek: ?

Has anyone heard anything from Wash U yet? How was your interview? Mine was a bit odd. Here I am with about 7 other candidates. Each of them seems to have gotten "grilled" or at least asked some tough questions. My interview was very quiet. No tough questions. And the interviewer spent at least half (if not more) of the time relating anecdotes of medical history. Interesting, but it made me feel awkward. Anyone else have an inteview like that and still felt positive?

Just so you guys know, my fiancee received an acceptance call from her interviewer at Wash U. last night.

Good luck to you all!

so i'm guessing since no one received official phone calls or emails that they snail mail desicions out. right?

That's right. However, some interviewers like to call or email just cause they're cool people. And you only get a letter if you're accepted (at this point in the game). They take the top however many files each month, and that may include old files that weren't in the top however many before. So they don't even think about putting together a waitlist until, like, March. I'm surprised that more people haven't posted acceptances, and I wonder if that means that the adcom didn't finish last night.

for the people who've interviewed at washu already, approximately what time did the interview day end? (or even better, is there a schedule of the day posted online somewhere? i couldn't find one on their website). thanks!

my day ended at around 2 (i had a 1:30 interview). most people were done around 1 or 2.

Hey guys, I ran into an adcom member tonight who said the committee met on thursday and decided on the first round of acceptances. So just to end the suspence, yes the first round is over, i'm guessing letters are in snail mail, maybe get to ya by sat. or mon.?

velocypedalist said:
Hey guys, I ran into an adcom member tonight who said the committee met on thursday and decided on the first round of acceptances. So just to end the suspence, yes the first round is over, i'm guessing letters are in snail mail, maybe get to ya by sat. or mon.?

yep, just got the acceptance letter today. came by snail mail.

no one else has heard...? which part of the US are you from stanford05?

i'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess that stanford05 is from cali...

he/she posted in another thread hoping to coordinate west-coast interviews, so i was a bit confused.

Point taken :oops: Next time I should do my homework! Agh, knowing that these letters have gone out is making it hard to sit here at work and not go home and try to track down the mailperson!

I received my acceptance in the mail on saturday. I'm in connecticut. Hope this helps!
bakedlay said:
no one else has heard...? which part of the US are you from stanford05?

I have a friend who just received the good word yesterday (Sunday) via Express Mail. Goodluck to the rest of you!

OK,

I'm getting neurotic here. :eek: :eek: I obviously didn't make the 1st round of acceptances because I haven't received anything in the mail and I LIVE in St. Louis. What I'd like to know is....
How does Wash U handle rejections and/or wait-lists?

Anyone know?
Thanks.
Anjani
:confused:

If you search past WashU threads, there have been people who interviewed early and got accepted months after. My impression is that the committee re-reviews the applicants every month and decide to accept a certain number of students from each region.

leiface said:
If you search past WashU threads, there have been people who interviewed early and got accepted months after. My impression is that the committee re-reviews the applicants every month and decide to accept a certain number of students from each region.

I'm not even sure they look at everyone they've interviewed before a given date. I kind of got the impression that someone has to bring you up at the meeting on their own - this is what I got from reading between the lines. Struck me as kind of weird, can anyone confirm my suspicion?

I have an interview soon, so I was wondering how long it takes to hear back from the adcom after the interview. Would someone please give me an estimate?

My friends (some of whom are now wash u medstudents) say the admissions people will tell you in a month or so if you get in and they want you right away. Their committee meets every month to review interviewees from before, so while you can be accepted in as soon has a month, it may take a while longer. The school won't come up with a waitlist for another couple months.

Good luck!
I just got an interview there too (so convenient!), when are you going?

I will be interviewing on the glorious morning of dec 17...and attending a pizza party the night before. By any chance will you be there at the same time, mwillie?

k-monger said:
I will be interviewing on the glorious morning of dec 17...and attending a pizza party the night before. By any chance will you be there at the same time, mwillie?
Ah, not on the 17th, but close, I will be going on Monday of that week.

MWillie said:
Ah, not on the 17th, but close, I will be going on Monday of that week.

Well, I wish you lots of luck then. I'm sure I'll be on here afterwards to rant/rave and listen, so let us know how it went.

My gosh, you people freaked me out by resurrecting this thread. So I guess no one heard anything today? When is the December adcom meeting?

bump for the december adcom meeting date.

the committee is meeting again the third week of dec. thats what they told me at my nov. 29th interview.......start writing those update letters!

wends said:
the committee is meeting again the third week of dec. thats what they told me at my nov. 29th interview.......start writing those update letters!
So if they meet on a Thursday again, that would be the 16th, no?

well we're only 6 days away now...someone around here is bound to get a nice christmas present from washu.