Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Wash U?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JustBreathe, Nov 21, 2005.

1. JustBreathe

JustBreathe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

The first adcom meeting should have happened by now, right? Has anyone heard anything?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JustR

JustR Membership Revoked
    Removed

Wash who?

4. JustBreathe

JustBreathe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

5. Centinel

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't think anyone's heard yet... But they ostensibly met last Thursday.

6. unicorn06

unicorn06 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Has anyone been at an interview where you were told when Wash U plans to make calls regarding Thursday's decisions? At my interview, they didn't give us any information about this. We're all expecting them to call today, but maybe they need a week or so to make sure students have fulfilled requirements and stuff.

7. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    No information was given at the interview about when I should expect to hear. But I was accepted via express mail Saturday. (The mailman brought it to the door, and I had to sign for it.) Good luck, everyone. :luck:

8. Centinel

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Virtually every school sends out provisional acceptances (what you and I know as the standard acceptance letter). These stipulate that you must complete the requirements successfully in order to matriculate. In that vein, the schools would not hesitate to call just because you hadn't yet finished the requirements. Which is why we're all sitting around hoping for phone calls.

Also, at the interview that I had there, it was said that you would be called if accepted, although I am sure that there are exceptions to this.

9. Centinel

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congrats, Quintessence! The downside of having the entire Thanksgiving week off: I won't be able to check my mail until next weekend!

10. QofQuimica

Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Thanks. :) FYI, I did not get a phone call.

11. unicorn06

unicorn06 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Wow Express Mail? I wonder if they send all of the acceptances by Express Mail. But I too will be unable to check my mail for a week due to Thanksgiving. Oh well.

12. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Way to go, Q! I remember when they sent me my acceptance via express post... for undergrad. So, when do we get to see your mdapps profile?

13. bigdogg

bigdogg Member
    5+ Year Member

To the person got in can you tell what day you interviewed? Thanks!

14. QofQuimica

It was two weeks ago.

15. aumed22

aumed22 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

wow q, congrats that's awesome!! have a great thanksgiving

16. wildcat05

wildcat05 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone know how often the main committee and subcommittees meet?

17. DeadorAlive

DeadorAlive Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Similarly, does anyone know whether those of us still waiting should expect waitlist/reject letters soon, or whether we stay under review for a while?

18. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think the subcommittee meets weekly and the big committee meets monthly. You get a letter if you didn't make it though small committee, but if you're not chosen any given month in big committee, I think they keep you in the pool, to be resurrected later. My boyfriend interviewed two years ago in October, and he didn't hear anything until Jan or Feb, and he had been waitlisted. And then he waited until the middle of the summer before he got off the waitlist. So it could be a long wait.

19. almost_there

almost_there Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry if this isn't the point of the thread, but any thoughts on scheduling an interview at Wash U immediately before their exams? I just got an invite and need to figure out when I want to interview. Next week? (a little tough because it is before finals, and airplane tickets might be expensive) 12/15-17? (my finals are over, but the med school might be in the middle of finals) Or after winter break in January? (They want an interview within 5 weeks...)

Thanks for any suggestions.

a_t

20. DrKitty

DrKitty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I do not understand what is going on there in WashU, my LORs have been posted on VirtualEval back in mid-October, but after e-mailing the school several days ago regarding my status, they told me they still haven't recieved my LORs! What is going on?????? I am not even "officially" complete yet, but should have been weeks ago! What is $100 fee payed for? :mad:

21. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

You'd think paying an extra 50 bucks would speed up the process! :laugh:

But seriously, you should call the school and talk to someone on the phone. If you submitted by virtual evals, there is no reason why they would not have your file complete. The people in the office are nice, so go ahead and call, and see what you can do, maybe you can send the LORs again?

22. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

If you want to be done with your exams before you come to washU, it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Your Olin Buddy (They assign you to a 1st year student) may not show up, but if you try for a monday interview, I bet there will be tons of people at the pizza party the night before, because everyone will be studying at the library or the carrels on sunday nights. They'll come and steal all the food and you can charm them into staying a while and telling you about the school. The 1st years this year are big nerds and study a lot, but there's always a dependable group of second years who show up for the pizza on any given night. If all else fails, I'll tell you about the school (I often crash the pizza parties), 'cause my boyfriend goes there, and I practically feel like a student!

23. Dakota

Dakota Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hmm . . . this sounds familiar, I def met someone who interviewed there earlier, but just came cause her boyfriend was a student and likes to eat free pizza . . . it was Sunday the 13th of November . . . hmm . . .

24. unicorn06

unicorn06 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Don't worry about them taking finals. That seems like the best option to me...Maybe you'll meet fewer students, but you may also get a good persepctive of how stressful the school is and how cooperative the students are. I interviewed at Harvard the day of a big exam and found it helpful to see how the students prepared together the day before at Starbucks..

25. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

yup that was me!