Washington State Univeristy c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KiwiKaykmoku

Future Conservation Veterinarian
Reaction score
IS Logan. 2nd time applicant. Who else is applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying for the first time, OOS!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else taking the GRE online? I'll be retaking it in about 2 months just to get a better quantitative score. I've read so many reddit threads of people struggling and it makes me nervous. Not to mention my apartment building is not quiet at all and I doubt ear plugs are allowed. Just finished up retaking some of my pre-recs and knocked them out of the park *fingers-crossed*. Hopefully this is it. I was pretty crushed last cycle when I didnt get in and now that I feel a LOT more confident the let down will be even worse.....

Last edited:
Anybody else taking the GRE online? I'll be retaking it in about 2 months just to get a better quantitative score. I've read so many reddit threads of people struggling and it makes me nervous. Not to mention my apartment building is not quite at all and I doubt ear plugs are allowed. Just finished up retaking some of my pre-recs and knocked them out of the park *fingers-crossed*. Hopefully this is it. I was pretty crushed last cycle when I didnt get in and now that I feel a LOT more confident the let down will be even worse.....
You got this!! A ton of people are in your same boat with the online GRE weirdness so I wouldn't be too stressed- they're going to know it's not the most ideal situation! Just focus on doing what you can do with what you have :)

I’ll be applying this cycle! I actually live really close to the Logan USU Campus, but on the Idaho side of the border. I took my prerequisites up in Pocatello at ISU. I’m a first time non-trad applicant. In 2006 I graduated with a Bachelors in Commerce from Canada (where I was born and raised). I met my husband on a horseback riding trip in Cache Valley, and I’ve been here since 2011. It’s never too late to follow your true career calling right? ❤️

Reactions: 1 users
I’ll be applying this cycle! I actually live really close to the Logan USU Campus, but on the Idaho side of the border. I took my prerequisites up in Pocatello at ISU. I’m a first time non-trad applicant. In 2006 I graduated with a Bachelors in Commerce from Canada (where I was born and raised). I met my husband on a horseback riding trip in Cache Valley, and I’ve been here since 2011. It’s never too late to follow your true career calling right? ❤
Definitely never too late. One of the best doctors at my practice was a non-trad student. She raised her kids and decided it was time for something new. She's still green, but you can tell she will be GREAT with some more experience under her belt and mentorship from our amazing head doctor (who graduated from WSU quite some time ago). I think taking the time to learn who you are and what you want is really important. I have seen too many doctors lose their fire (obviously due to a multitude of reasons) but knowing that this is the path you want to go down is crucial and for most of us that comes with time.

Original OOS accepted to Pullman campus and 3rd year. So I can help answer Pullman and residency questions. I do have some knowledge of Logan, but nothing super in depth so depends on the question if I know the answer for Logan-sorry

First time traditional OOS applicant (trying for WICHE though)! Hard to believe this is actually starting :D

Original OOS accepted to Pullman campus and 3rd year. So I can help answer Pullman and residency questions. I do have some knowledge of Logan, but nothing super in depth so depends on the question if I know the answer for Logan-sorry
Do you know if they have omitted the supplemental application? I dont see it in the dates section or even a clickable link...

Attachments

• 15893333389508566051387479883484.jpg
    15893333389508566051387479883484.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 114
Members don't see this ad :)
2nd time non-trad OOS applicant here! Let’s hope 2nd times the charm!

Oh man, I can't believe I just found this thread :eek:
2nd time non-trad-ish IS applicant! We got this you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if WSU does transfers? I cant find anything about it on their site. Not that I would be banking on it, but just to know if it even is an option.

Anyone know if WSU does transfers? I cant find anything about it on their site. Not that I would be banking on it, but just to know if it even is an option.
There is a page about transfers

not sure how common it is. We had three lost students last year and no transfers into our class. So, not sure if it is dependent on openings or what.

I think transfers would be pretty unlikely. I've never seen it happen and wouldn't count on it.

I passed the VTNE today :hardy::hardy: would I be able to make that achievement something that is taken into account on my application or since it's already submitted is there not really a way of making that seen?

I passed the VTNE today :hardy::hardy: would I be able to make that achievement something that is taken into account on my application or since it's already submitted is there not really a way of making that seen?
Congratulations! I am pretty sure you could add it under achievements in the Supporting Information section of VMCAS.

IS (WA), first-time applicant!

Reactions: 4 users
Kinda late, but I'm a WICHE first year at WSU! Happy to answer questions, although I know MixedAnimals and Coffee would know more than me!

Kinda late, but I'm a WICHE first year at WSU! Happy to answer questions, although I know MixedAnimals and Coffee would know more than me!
Ooo I am hoping for WICHE status (AZ resident) and WSU is probably my top school... what was the timeline for when you got the WSU and the WICHE decisions?

Ooo I am hoping for WICHE status (AZ resident) and WSU is probably my top school... what was the timeline for when you got the WSU and the WICHE decisions?
Oh nice, I'm an AZ resident too!! So I became WICHE certified at the end of October, which means that I was eligible to receive WICHE funding but did not guarantee that I would be sponsored. I was accepted to WSU on 11/14 last year! Unfortunately, the AZ government doesn't have an official budget for WICHE until May-June, so you must make a decision on which school you want to attend without knowing if you will be sponsored for sure. The great thing about WSU is that even if you don't get WICHE funding, you can switch your state residency and get in-state tuition from years 2-4! This definitely helped me make my decision in attending WSU among other things. I was told I able to receive funding on 5/18 this year via email! Please let me know if you have any other questions about the process. :)

Last edited:
Oh nice, I'm an AZ resident too!! So I became WICHE certified at the end of October, which means that I was eligible to receive WICHE funding but did not guarantee that I would be sponsored. I was accepted to WSU on 11/14 last year! Unfortunately, the AZ government doesn't have an official budget for WICHE until May-June, so you must make a decision on which school you want to attend without knowing if you will be sponsored for sure. The great thing about WSU is that even if you don't get WICHE funding, you can switch your state residency and get in-state tuition from years 2-4! This definitely helped me make my decision in attending WSU among other things. I was told I able to receive funding on 5/18 this year via email! Please let me know if you have any other questions about the process. :)
Awesome, thanks! I feel like mid-November is so early!! When was your interview?

Awesome, thanks! I feel like mid-November is so early!! When was your interview?
It was early actually. So one of the cool things about WSU if you're a WICHE applicant is that they prioritize WICHE applications over OOS ones and there are an x amount of WICHE applicants that they give early acceptances to without having to interview. That being said, there are still WICHE applicants that end up interviewing as well.

they prioritize WICHE applications over OOS ones and there are an x amount of WICHE applicants that they give early acceptances to without having to interview.
Whoaaa that's awesome. Thanks for the info and fingers crossed maybe I'll see you next year!

I can’t believe we are on another application cycle already! Best of luck everyone. I can answer some questions if you have any. I am an instate person that went to WSU for undergrad.

Applied under WIMU (Idaho resident) for the first time this cycle. Best of luck to everybody! The wait is awful.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! I wanted to jump on this thread in an attempt to satiate some of the waiting period anxiety.

I'm an IS second time, non-traditional applicant. I first applied three years ago now and didn't even get an interview, so I am FILLED with anxiety this cycle. Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone! I'm OOS first time applicant. Super nervous but excited to hear from schools.

Hi guys! I wanted to jump on this thread in an attempt to satiate some of the waiting period anxiety.

I'm an IS second time, non-traditional applicant. I first applied three years ago now and didn't even get an interview, so I am FILLED with anxiety this cycle. Fingers crossed!
Good luck to you! In the same boat with the anxiety, I totally understand what you mean!

I keep thinking that it's been such a long time since the VMCAS deadline but it hasn't even been two weeks... :laugh:

I know a lot of people are probably feeling pretty anxious, and the whole COVID situation isn't helping either but hang in there!! Remember to set aside some time for yourself and indulge a bit in some fun hobbies! I'm currently taking a microbio class online to help prevent some brainrot but I also have been trying some cool new recipes from Blue Apron :hungry: going for walks in the morning during my days off has also helped relieve some stress too! What has everyone else been doing for fun/to keep their sanity?

Hey everyone! I am a second time applicant, first time with WSU (OOS). This is one of my of my top schools! Does anyone know if they are doing interviews or the process?

Hey everyone! I am a second time applicant, first time with WSU (OOS). This is one of my of my top schools! Does anyone know if they are doing interviews or the process?
I'm an ambassador and I haven't heard anything yet. However, (this is purely my speculation) based on WA restrictions and what we are currently allowed to do as students as well as whisperings about what's probably happening next semester for students I imagine interviews will be virtual this cycle with virtual events.

I'm an ambassador and I haven't heard anything yet. However, (this is purely my speculation) based on WA restrictions and what we are currently allowed to do as students as well as whisperings about what's probably happening next semester for students I imagine interviews will be virtual this cycle with virtual events.
Thank you!!! I had a feeling they would do virtual as well but was unsure since some schools are just canceling it all together.

Will you let us know if you hear anything!?

I met with Dr. Talcott on Zoom last week (Part of the WIMU recruiting tour). She told me that the interviews will be virtual ☺️

of course!
I’ve been meaning to get in contact with you to ask a couple questions about WSU. I am sure you are very busy with classes, and wasn’t sure if I should message you directly or not. Thank you

I’ve been meaning to get in contact with you to ask a couple questions about WSU. I am sure you are very busy with classes, and wasn’t sure if I should message you directly or not. Thank you
Direct pms are great for anyone who has questions I'm always happy to try and answer! On thread works too. I just might be a little slow depending on the exam schedule and in spay block towards the end of the semester-went ahead and sent you a pm! There's also a few other WSU students that hang around that I'm sure don't mind answering questions!

Just dropping in to say that I'm a first year in Logan (USU) and can answer / find an answer to any questions related to Utah.

Best of luck to you all!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm DYING over here.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm DYING over here.
The only thing I've heard was that my application was complete on October 14th and it was "ready to be reviewed by the admissions committee."

Last year we received our interview invitations on November 13th, but I also think we were on the earlier side :)

I have been searching around the internet trying to find out when WICHE applicants tend to hear back from WSU. Does anyone have any information about this? TYIA!

I have been searching around the internet trying to find out when WICHE applicants tend to hear back from WSU. Does anyone have any information about this? TYIA!
Depends if you are ranked high enough in the wiche pool then you may get early acceptance which probably has already happened usually in October if I remember correctly. Otherwise you will have to go through the interview process like everyone else and will hear at the same timeline as out of state students