Washington University of Barbados School of Medicine - review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esjp2000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like friend of us reached to some agency in India and they were ready to get an admission into Washington University of Barbados School of Medicine. First of all, going through agencies is not a good idea. So thought of researching about that university. It says started only last year (2016) and not sure if such university really exist. Please let me know if anyone heard/know about this university and your input will really help us to make the decision.

IMG_0550.JPG

Members don't see this ad.

Tell your friend not to go to a brand new Caribbean medical school

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, this sounds about as safe as a back-alley kidney transplant. Good luck to your friend.

Reactions: 20 users
Looks like friend of us reached to some agency in India and they were ready to get an admission into Washington University of Barbados School of Medicine. First of all, going through agencies is not a good idea. So thought of researching about that university. It says started only last year (2016) and not sure if such university really exist. Please let me know if anyone heard/know about this university and your input will really help us to make the decision.

View attachment 221244

85e374c7711f9fb29b971557ad959caa.jpg

Reactions: 12 users
Only thing you'd have to gain going there is tetanus.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a student of Washington University of Barbados and want to tell that this university is an accredited University, recognized by WHO. It is located in Barbados and we are getting the quality medical education here with a good environment. I am happy to pursue my medical dream here at comparatively low cost

oh okay

Reactions: 4 users
This is blatant mimicry, like in the biological sense. Similar to the snake that evolves to look like the venomous snake, but is in fact harmless. This school is hoping to trick people into thinking it's associated with WashU, when it isn't.

Reactions: 1 user
I came across this video which was shared by the student of this university

Members don't see this ad :)
If you think that's bad, wait until I tell you about the gullible kid in my class who thought he got accepted to a Washington University in St. Louis...

Waits to see who realizes this is a joke I stole from an old episode of "Boy Meets World"

Reactions: 7 users

View attachment 221244
This reminds me of the (elementary/high) schools I've seen in Spanish speaking countries named after American historical people. I've seen Washington, Jefferson, and Luther King (no Martin or Jr)
Either way, as everyone already told you, stay clear.

I have a slightly different perspective here, a friend of mine is being asked to join the admin group for this institution. The guy with the job offer claims to be on the board or a founder something like that. He also did mention that it was started only last year or even this year I think.His family is based in Bangalore, India & also on the contact us page I see a Bangalore,India address.
My first response to my friend even before I did my research was to steer clear of this job proposition. Not sure what she should do..
upload_2017-12-6_14-35-54.png

Tell your friend not to go to a brand new Caribbean medical school
Or an old Caribbean medical school...

Only thing you'd have to gain going there is tetanus.
Incorrect. You could also get West Nile virus.

After some research, I see the owner of this school, currently under the "Bless Education Group LLC" which appears to have just been created this year. This would suggest that the "owner" of the school re-registers under new business each year (perhaps so dissatisfied customers cant sue ?). So the school appears to be an asset that is sold/transferred each year. That is fishy to say the least
Gee, no red flags there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This school is a disease

Last edited:
Having followed the off shore medical education industry, I know this address which has been used by several nearly "fly-by-night" medical schools for at least a decade or more and I am sure its the same people involved. It is all-but-a-scam. do not consider it at all under any circumstances

USA Corporate Office
WUB School Of Medicine
444 Highland Avenue
#1202 Atlanta,GA 30312

I am trying to investigate this university. Which other schools have used that address in the past? And do you know past interations of the parent company name.

I am trying to investigate this university. Which other schools have used that address in the past? And do you know past interations of the parent company name.

Also it seems the same owners (Bless Education LLC) have opened another university in Guyana - Alexander American University also started last year (2016). The university website has clearly copy and pasted most of their content from unrelated medical sites. After a lot of digging, it seems to have only 3 small classrooms and a chemistry lab. Can you offer any insight into it?

“as a Promise to lots of medical aspirants worldwide.”
What is medical aspirants...

I saw that too! Aspirants

Of all the things to criticize about this school, you choose to make fun of them for using a word you didn't realize was a real word.

OED said:
aspirant /ˈasp(ɪ)r(ə)nt//əˈspʌɪər(ə)nt/
Adjective
[attributive] Having ambitions to achieve something, typically to follow a particular career.
'an aspirant politician'

Noun
A person who has ambitions to achieve something.
'an aspirant to the throne'

Of all the things to criticize about this school, you choose to make fun of them for using a word you didn't realize was a real word.

For a quick second that post actually had me contemplating whether or not I've been using a fake word this whole time. LOL.

Reactions: 1 user