Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grandslam521

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in another post somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone knew if Washington University accepts AP Chemistry credit without an upper level course requirement. If they do require an upper level course or two, does anyone know how strict there are about that?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

grandslam521 said:
Sorry if this is in another post somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone knew if Washington University accepts AP Chemistry credit without an upper level course requirement. If they do require an upper level course or two, does anyone know how strict there are about that?

Thanks

They don't state explicitly on their website anything about AP credits:

http://medschool.wustl.edu/admissions/resource.html

I had plenty of AP credits coming in, but I also wound up taking advanced classes in most of those subjects. The only ones I didn't take advanced coursework in were humanities that Wash U doesn't require anyway. I would e-mail the admissions office to be sure, but in my opinion, it would be wise to take at least one chem class beyond what you got credit for. However, as you must take organic chemistry for any med school, it's possible they will consider this a valid follow-up to general chemistry. To be on the safe side though, I'd ask them.