WashU acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unicorn06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one yet by mail? I know someone said on another thread that they were going out on Friday from Thursday's adcom meeting...

Members don't see this ad.

unicorn06 said:
Has anyone gotten one yet by mail? I know someone said on another thread that they were going out on Friday from Thursday's adcom meeting...

nothing in the mail for me today...if i didn't get in this time, it's my second time getting passed up. anyone have a clue about how likely it is to get in after being passed over repeatedly? :(

somewhere2010 said:
nothing in the mail for me today...if i didn't get in this time, it's my second time getting passed up. anyone have a clue about how likely it is to get in after being passed over repeatedly? :(
As far as I can tell, you stay in the pool for consideration at the following month's meeting. So unless you got a rejection letter, don't lose hope. You're still in the running. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my acceptance yesterday (sat) but I think I only saw one other person who has posted about getting in yesterday, so they could be just taking their sweet time

bump! anyone else get happy news in the mail from wash u?

also, anyone get a post-interview rejection or waitlist yet? just curious if they've started ruling people out post-interview or just throw them in to be reviewed over and over... :oops:

somewhere2010 said:
bump! anyone else get happy news in the mail from wash u?

also, anyone get a post-interview rejection or waitlist yet? just curious if they've started ruling people out post-interview or just throw them in to be reviewed over and over... :oops:

Yeah, I've been kind of wondering the same thing. The interviewers present us at a smaller committee meeting first, before we move on to the whole adcom, right? So if you don't make it to the larger committee meeting, are you sent a rejection letter? Or does your application stay with the smaller committee for additional review later? Anyone know?

Acceptance in mail today; actually got here Friday but I was in Boston...

Still haven't heard, do you guys think it would be inappropriate to call them? I was interviewed on Oct 18. This is painful.

bigdogg, if you call, i might even pay you... i interviewed early oct. and this is torture. I just don't have the balls to call myself...

You don't need to call. It's the same process at most other schools. If you don't get an acceptance letter, that means they're still considering you. No one's holding on to your file just to torture you. And since WashU is sending acceptances via express mail, you pretty much know yes or no by the end of the weekend. If no, then you just have to wait until the next month's round. My boyfriend interviewed 2 cycles ago in october, didn't hear until february or so, and was placed on the wait list. Then he didn't get off of the list until the summer. So we've potentially got a long wait ahead.

Now now, no need to be all rational and logical and patient... we like getting worked up for no reason. It's part of the fun...