WashU - FinAid=Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from WashU from the Financial Aid office with the subject line "Financial Aid Application" that says:

"Congratulations on your acceptance to Washington University School of Medicine. If you are interested in applying for financial aid for the 2008-2009 academic year, please view the information below."

The thing is that I haven't gotten and email or letter from the admissions office saying that I had been admitted yet. Is this just an error? Or can I let myself get a little excited? I interviewed in mid-February and I hadn't really expected to hear back from them yet.

Members don't see this ad.

That happened to me with Baylor, and it turned out that I had been accepted but missed the call and the letter had been sent to the wrong address. I hope it's the same thing for you! And I'd put my money on it being that way. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my status page and it doesn't say anything...

I really hope you are right TigerSoup!

Hmm I think now would be a good time to call and ask about it. Seems like everyone else who's been accepted gets a status page update and a letter. Good luck!

I was accepted with the invitation to apply to the Olin fellowship and I got that email on a Friday but my status page wasn't updated until the following morning. I would call- I bet you were accepted and somehow the financial aid people just jumped the gun in emailing?

I'm pretty sure that means an acceptance. Congrats! WashU is an amazing school!

Almost definitely an acceptance.

But the question is, what does it mean for all of us that DIDN'T get the email?

When did you interview, btw?

I checked my status page and it doesn't say anything...

I really hope you are right TigerSoup!

so did you call and figure anything out? Congrats if it's true!

Oh my gosh I'm so jealous! I guess this means they're sending out acceptances this weekend? I wish I'd gotten this email. Congrats!

When did you interview, btw?

I interviewed on February 12th. I think that maybe I will call them on Monday...that way I can see if I get anything in the mail from the admissions office tomorrow.

Does anyone know if they generally send acceptances via email or via snail mail?

now im uber-jelous. i interviewed in jan. you got in. i got no e-mail. why???
oh wait i remember all i do is get waitlists, and i assume my wash U waitlist is imminent (waitlist#6)

I think they've typically been sent out by priority mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
So did people that were already accepted get the same e-mail?

I interviewed on February 12th. I think that maybe I will call them on Monday...that way I can see if I get anything in the mail from the admissions office tomorrow.

Does anyone know if they generally send acceptances via email or via snail mail?

Wow, that's very calm and reasonable of you. I would be on the phone immediately yelling, "LET ME IN ALREADY!" I hope you get a big envelope tomorrow! :luck:

wow, either you have ice runnig through your veins or you already have some big acceptances. congrats. (Soooooooooo jelous)

Bump. Status?

I GOT IN!!!!:love:

I just got my acceptance letter a couple of minutes ago (who knew they delivered mail on Sundays - I guess because it was priority mail). The letter was dated March 6th

Good Luck to everyone awaiting decisions:D

I just got my acceptance letter a couple of minutes ago (who knew they delivered mail on Sundays - I guess because it was priority mail). The letter was dated March 6th

Congratulations! Did your status page change?

bump...any status change j12?

*NM, I saw that you posted

Woo hoo! I'm so glad it worked out for you. I feel like even had you not been in from the start, a medical school sending an accidental acceptance letter should lead to an automatic acceptance anyway. It'd be way too cruel to tease someone like that, haha.

Congrats again!

That's great news! Congratulations!

Sooo! How many adcom meetings does that leave the rest of us? :laugh: