WashU, JHU, UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincetonRocks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where would you go if you got into these three institutions?

-UCLA
-WashU
-John Hopkins

Please give me your take on this. Right now i'm leaning toward UCLA. Or some other top ones to even consider: University of Chicago, UCSD, and Dartmouth.

Members don't see this ad.

In state, are ya? Then UCLA hands down!

Upstairs Hollywood Medical College Hands down!
I see the troll also got into JHU?

How did you get into UCLA when, according to the other posters, UCLA doesn't admit anyone till Jan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope not admitted yet to UCLA, but serious considering.

Hey PR!

There are so many things to consider when making your decision as you probably already know including cost, location, curriculum, reputation, the "feel" of the school and students, and climate/environment. Paramount to anything is whether you will be happiest. My top choice is UPenn and I would go there even if I got into Harvard, Hopkins, Yale, and etc., because UPenn has the best fit for me in every way. I want to congratulate you on all your acceptances and I hope you choose the place that will make you happiest. I would go to UCLA too. :clap: :clap:

--DrJ2B

JHU cuz I'm here and they ahve snow

Originally posted by Kashue
Hey PR,

how did you get into UChicago when from this thread, you said you didn't apply:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...cago#post853251

?

Dude, Kash, you should've quoted it first! Now she's going to delete it (along with the rest of her conflicting posts) from the annals of sdn forever.

Ah well, 1 troll down, 363113098 more to go.

TF

I would choose UCLA.

Why?
P/F > "non-letter grades"
LA >>>>>>>>> Baltimore
New curric vs. trad curric
plus other personal stuff

Similar education quality
Similar hospital quality

Although Hopkins does have a certain mystique about it.

WashU I would not consider because it has a bad reputation for being a gunner school in a suck ass city.

Originally posted by DrJ2B
My top choice is UPenn and I would go there even if I got into Harvard, Hopkins, Yale, and etc., because UPenn has the best fit for me in every way.

--DrJ2B

Upenn is actually ranked higher than Yale. #4 vs #9 so for those folks that worship the 'ranking gods' you won't be giving up anything going to your top choice of upenn. Goodluck. Upenn is on my application list, although I am prettymuch awaiting my tiny rejection envelope. But doesn't hurt to dream LOL

:p

What a loser. The heights some people will go to in order to boost their ego or live out some obscure fantasy is disgusting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
What a loser. The heights some people will go to in order to boost their ego or live out some obscure fantasy is disgusting.

SNS, I have read some of your numerous WONDERFUL posts...I'd say (and many would agree) that this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DrJ2B
My top choice is UPenn and I would go there even if I got into Harvard, Hopkins, Yale, and etc., because UPenn has the best fit for me in every way.
--DrJ2B

How so? Just curious...

Hey kwanny!

Thanks for asking! ;) First of all, I really like Philly. It is a cool city to live in and it is not far from NY so I can be relatively close to my family. I love being able to be on the wards a semester early. When I interviewed there, the students were so cool especially those in the class I sat in on. The program is very flexible and is not totally lecture-based. I love small group learning and case studies. I hope to be a pediatric oncologist and CHOP is top in those respects. Being a UPenn Med school grad will greatly increase the likelihood that I will get a pediatric residency at CHOP. And the most important thing..........I felt comfortable being there. I had this great feeling of happiness and relaxation while I was there. I could definitely see myself being in Philly for medical school, my pediatric residency, and my oncology residency. I do not want to be in NY for medical school if I can avoid it (Cornell and URoch being the only exceptions if I am not accepted to UPenn because they have great programs and seem like schools I could be happy at). I know I would be happiest at UPenn. The campus is gorgeous and all the schools are so close together. Whew! Well, I babbled a great deal, but that is the gist of why I want to go to UPenn so badly! :love: :love: :love: :love:

--DrJ2B, hopeful UPenn Medical Student Class of '08

since im in state id pick ucla over hopkins and would never consider washu.

yes hopkins has the name and everything....but i dont think you would sacrificing too much if you chose ucla.

SP names some good points...

plus for more me.... more koreans are in the la area than in balt...;)

Originally posted by bullhorn
SNS, I have read some of your numerous WONDERFUL posts...I'd say (and many would agree) that this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

dude. he's joking man........

s&s..keep on keepin on.:laugh:

UCLA hands down. It's not pressure cooker like the other schools. I know people attending all three. One high strung guy at UCLA is the most laid back person I know. The two laid back people I know who went to JHU and WashU are both on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Plus...UCLA has state-school "prestige" :clap:

PrincetonRocks:

Are you a Princeton grad? Sorry...I just have to ask.

has JHU started giving out acceptances to ppl who interviewed the last week of oct (~10/31)?

congrats princetonrocks!

Originally posted by TheFlash
Dude, Kash, you should've quoted it first! Now she's going to delete it (along with the rest of her conflicting posts) from the annals of sdn forever.

Ah well, 1 troll down, 363113098 more to go.

TF

Here it is:

"wow! that's very early. Congrats...my first 3 interviews are this October. Didn't apply to U of Chicago, but it's a great program. Good luck and best wishes"

I bumped the old post too:, but here's the link
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81338

1 Troll Down. I always found PR fishy. I mean having a 4.0 GPA from Princeton with a madeup major(there is no BIochem major at Princeton), 4 second author + 2 first author publications + winning a beauty pageant - doesn't that sound like BS to anyone?

4 second author + 2 first author publications + winning a beauty pageant - doesn't that sound like BS to anyone?

Are you saying brains and beauty are mutually exclusive? how shallow! :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by personal jesus
Interesting, this post was made on Dec 6th where she claims to not have gotten in yet to UCLA. However, on Dec 3 Princetonrocks claims to have gotten in to UCLA. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92851
Strange how an acceptance can disappear in 3 days.

She also claims that she hasn't heard from UCSF yet in that thread. If you look at the official acceptance thread, though, she listed herself as getting into UCSF.

Oh well, I guess that another troll bites the dust.

This was one of my favorites:

After I got my first admissions (University of Chicago), I decided to withdraw my applications and interview invitations to two schools. I didn't apply to that many school, but I am planning to complete 14 interviews (most were invites prior to October)--all six UCs (pending at Davis), USC, JHU, Yale, Columbia, WashU, Duke, University of Chicago, and Harvard (in January). I know it's an expensive process, but it's an amazing learning experience. A lot of my friends are still going on interviews despite admissions into one of their top 5 choices. I would recommend sticking to all of the interviews at schools you are seriously considering. Give the August MCAT applicants a chance for interviews too. Best of luck!

of course, several posts later others were commenting on the fact that there weren't even six UC's. LOL, although she still looks hot in that pic....

Here it is:

"wow! that's very early. Congrats...my first 3 interviews are this October. Didn't apply to U of Chicago, but it's a great program. Good luck and best wishes"

I bumped the old post too:, but here's the link
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81338

1 Troll Down. I always found PR fishy. I mean having a 4.0 GPA from Princeton with a madeup major(there is no BIochem major at Princeton), 4 second author + 2 first author publications + winning a beauty pageant - doesn't that sound like BS to anyone?

Yeah, she shouldnt have put her pic on SDN if she wanted us to believe the beauty pageant thing.

I am debating whether I should submit this post or cancel it, since I sound like an arse saying someone cant win a beauty pageant. Then again, she is a troll. Ill make an exception in her case... SUBMIT REPLY