Nov 28, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hi everyone!

I have not seen a thread for WashU's MSOT/OTD for this application cycle. Has anyone heard back from them?

I completed my video interview in mid-November, but I'm not sure when they'll make a decision.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. DPT / OTD
I know they extended their deadline to January or February, so decisions will likely be made early next year! Good luck!

Nov 28, 2020
Status (Visible)
I know they extended their deadline to January or February, so decisions will likely be made early next year! Good luck!
Thanks, JoyOT! That's a good point. I just thought we might hear back earlier since they do soft rolling, but they probably are waiting a bit longer since they extended the deadline. :)

Best of luck!

About the Ads
Aug 20, 2020
Status (Visible)
Hi! I just heard back from WashU today (12/4) that I was accepted! I applied at the beginning of October and did the video interview near the beginning of November. Wishing you the best!

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Occupational Therapy Student
Hi! I just heard back from WashU today (12/4) that I was accepted! I applied at the beginning of October and did the video interview near the beginning of November. Wishing you the best!
Me too! I heard back today as well that I got accepted! Are you planning on going?

Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
I just got accepted into the program today. I will wait to hear back from other schools before accepting, but I will likely put a deposit down to hold my spot.
Congratulations! I just got my acceptance today as well. I'm still interviewing with other schools this month. Hopefully I can make a final decision by the deadline.

About the Ads
Nov 28, 2020
Status (Visible)
I just got accepted into the program today. I will wait to hear back from other schools before accepting, but I will likely put a deposit down to hold my spot.
Congratulations! That's awesome. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools too. Such difficult decisions! Best of luck :)

Dec 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
Hey everyone! I am a late applicant to the WUSTL program, and I’m very hopeful (but not confident if I’m honest). If anyone has interview tips that would be amazing! I don’t know if I even will be offered an interview yet, but I’m trying to be extra prepared just in case.

Aug 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
Hey everyone! I am a late applicant to the WUSTL program, and I’m very hopeful (but not confident if I’m honest). If anyone has interview tips that would be amazing! I don’t know if I even will be offered an interview yet, but I’m trying to be extra prepared just in case.
Hi, good luck!! The interview process is asynchronous, and you get the two questions in advance so you have some time to prepare. They use a platform where you can record your answer once or twice and then it submits it. You'll do great!

Jan 21, 2021
Hi guys! I got my acceptance letter today and am most likely going to to take the offer! Do you guys know if there is a Facebook page or GroupMe of the admitted students?

Dec 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
Hi, good luck!! The interview process is asynchronous, and you get the two questions in advance so you have some time to prepare. They use a platform where you can record your answer once or twice and then it submits it. You'll do great!
Thanks! Just got that info a few days ago and I think I have some good answers so fingers crossed

Aug 20, 2020
Status (Visible)
Hi guys! I got my acceptance letter today and am most likely going to to take the offer! Do you guys know if there is a Facebook page or GroupMe of the admitted students?
Congrats!! I don't know of any group, but there is a virtual admitted students day this Friday!

Dec 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
I see it took someone earlier in the thread about a month to hear back. How long did it take everyone else? I just completed the interview over the weekend. (I know I’m a late applicant!)

Jan 21, 2021
I see it took someone earlier in the thread about a month to hear back. How long did it take everyone else? I just completed the interview over the weekend. (I know I’m a late applicant!)
I finished my interview 12/2 and I heard back 1/25! So a little less than two months!

Dec 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
I just got accepted! I was a really late applicant so I’m really shocked!

I was having no luck getting into most places I applied, I got rejections and waitlisted multiple places. I only recently got off another waitlist for LSU Shreveport.

Did anyone else have to decide between two great programs? What made you choose Washington? I need help!

Nov 20, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Occupational Therapy Student
I just got accepted! I was a really late applicant so I’m really shocked!

I was having no luck getting into most places I applied, I got rejections and waitlisted multiple places. I only recently got off another waitlist for LSU Shreveport.

Did anyone else have to decide between two great programs? What made you choose Washington? I need help!
I'm submitting my deposit friday! I got to speak one on 3 with two students and a faculty member and they were super informative about the program. The flexibility of getting to choose between the OTD and MSOT no matter what you enter as. They've been the only program to really keep in touch and offer any help. They have a good work/life balance and think of you as more than a student. They meet with all the other programs in the school of medicine and do interdisciplinary case studies! Their schedules are a mix of full and half days. They have a 100% passing rate for the NBCOT, and they have over 650 sites to choose fieldwork in all over the US. Their program started in 1918 and the occupational therapy profession was founded in 1917 so I believe they have a lot to offer considering their history. The cost of living in St. Louis is also a lot cheaper than most places in the U.S. These are just some of the reasons I chose to accept my offer at Wash U! Hope it helps and good luck wherever you end up going! :)

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.