WashU Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has interviewed at WashU been rejected post interview? How about put on a waitlist? I have not heard anything from them in a while since I interviewed

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who has interviewed at WashU been rejected post interview? How about put on a waitlist? I have not heard anything from them in a while since I interviewed

they prioritize your application and it goes through the committee based on that. you probably just haven't been reviewed yet.

they prioritize your application and it goes through the committee based on that. you probably just haven't been reviewed yet.

Yeah I understand this...once I get reviewed do they send out rejections yet? Also I interviewed way back in October...heard nothing...maybe I am low priority? If so its unlikely I will hear good news anyway

Members don't see this ad :)
Chances are that the worst you will get is a waitlist (I applied last year and was waitlisted, and I don't know of anyone who interviewed who was rejected). However, the waitlist is huge and they kind of have two pools, so the chances are not good of getting off of it. Wash U is also very slow and unpredictable in reviewing files, so I wouldn't read too much into the slow pace of notification.

WashU interviews everyone and their mother, so you only have around a 20% chance of getting in even if you score an interview. Furthermore, they don't really reject anyone, so you are just supposed to sit tight and wait.

washU actually doesn't interview everyone and their mother...that is they interview a lot of people but they also reject a lot of good candidates up front considering the amount that applies. i do agree however that they interview a lot more than they accept.

washU actually doesn't interview everyone and their mother...that is they interview a lot of people but they also reject a lot of good candidates up front considering the amount that applies. i do agree however that they interview a lot more than they accept.

Perhaps it was a little hyperbole, but nevertheless they interview a ton. From USNEWS in 2004 they interviewed 1,168 out of 3,190. That is about the highest interview/applicant ratio you will see in medical school. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=51012&page=2