• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Has anyone who has interviewed at WashU been rejected post interview? How about put on a waitlist? I have not heard anything from them in a while since I interviewed

primaris

10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Has anyone who has interviewed at WashU been rejected post interview? How about put on a waitlist? I have not heard anything from them in a while since I interviewed

they prioritize your application and it goes through the committee based on that. you probably just haven't been reviewed yet.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
they prioritize your application and it goes through the committee based on that. you probably just haven't been reviewed yet.

Yeah I understand this...once I get reviewed do they send out rejections yet? Also I interviewed way back in October...heard nothing...maybe I am low priority? If so its unlikely I will hear good news anyway

About the Ads

KardiacKiehl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2005
Status (Visible)
Chances are that the worst you will get is a waitlist (I applied last year and was waitlisted, and I don't know of anyone who interviewed who was rejected). However, the waitlist is huge and they kind of have two pools, so the chances are not good of getting off of it. Wash U is also very slow and unpredictable in reviewing files, so I wouldn't read too much into the slow pace of notification.

p9142

UR out of your element!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
WashU interviews everyone and their mother, so you only have around a 20% chance of getting in even if you score an interview. Furthermore, they don't really reject anyone, so you are just supposed to sit tight and wait.

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
washU actually doesn't interview everyone and their mother...that is they interview a lot of people but they also reject a lot of good candidates up front considering the amount that applies. i do agree however that they interview a lot more than they accept.

p9142

UR out of your element!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
washU actually doesn't interview everyone and their mother...that is they interview a lot of people but they also reject a lot of good candidates up front considering the amount that applies. i do agree however that they interview a lot more than they accept.

Perhaps it was a little hyperbole, but nevertheless they interview a ton. From USNEWS in 2004 they interviewed 1,168 out of 3,190. That is about the highest interview/applicant ratio you will see in medical school. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=51012&page=2

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.