WashU update info for interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vkrn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
March 14 and March 28 are the next dates the WashU admissions committee will be deciding acceptances.

I got this info from Dean Walters, when I emailed him about a different issue.

Figured that folks out there would want to know.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info. So, does Wash U usually call if you get accepted? If so, what day of the week did they call (assuming most of the committee meetings were on Fridays)?

When I talked to Dean Walters on the 13th of Feb., he said that there were only 40 or so accepted spots left, then the committee would start working on the wait list. Did he say if they have filled up all of their accepted slots?

Members don't see this ad :)
His reply was really bare bones. He just said that they would meet and make more decisions about admits. He didn't mention anything about waitlists.

I never got a call from WashU. In fact, *I* called them, and they told me I was accepted over the phone (!). I'd call a few days after those meeting dates, 'cause they'll be able to tell you something...

Looks like from the accepted thread that they are starting to reject (and probably waitlist people) as someone got a post-interview rejection. Yay for checking mailboxes! :clap:

I dont think Wash U usually calls people who they have accepted, so you just might have to call them up or wait for the mail.

Anyone heard anything from the "March 14th meeting?"

seeing as i prob got rejected from my #1 skewl and washu is my de novo #1 skewl...i gotta dumb q for ya'all.

if they decide on the 14th...when do they put the letters in the mailbox???

toldja it was dumb. but i'm an ocd premed...i had ta ask!

Has anyone who interviewed there in late January heard anything from them yet?

Hey, all.

I interviewed Jan. 16. I knew they were making decisions on Feb. 14, based on an SDN thread, and I called Karen Santorius (sp?) on the late morning of Feb. 15. She told me over the phone I was accepted. I got a US post office Express Mail envelope early that next week.

I interviewed at WashU in November and I haven't heard anything. It went very well and my stats are much higher than their averages (which are already very high!).

Should I call them?

I too interviewed way back in December and each time I call the secretary says "No decision has been made but you will hear by April 15th"... which can be interpreted as "we haven't gotten around to actually typing up your rejection letter."

I dont think it will neccesarilly be a rejection. I havent heard of any waitlists yet.

What worries me is that a friend of mine already got his acceptance letter even though he interviewed around the same time as I did. Yeah, I guess that (a) they probably put me on hold to see if there are other better candidates who interview after me, (b) they are tired of sending out rejection letters sporadically and prefer to have the poor computer chunk them all out on 4/15, or (c) they think that letting applicants check their mailboxes every 2 hours is an amusing idea.

CDC28p. keep the faith buddy. washu shuttles through those files each mtg, from what i understand so you're still in contention. also, people who got into other schools may start turning down spots, and even if you get on the waitlist, it's not too awful, right? a great quantity of the students i interacted with there said that they had been on the waitlist. i think that even though the school is AMAZING, many people will cringe at the location or turn down washu cuz its name isn't as OUT THERE as other somewhat lesser schools (i say this cuz everyone i talk to seems to think washu is university of washington and they have no idea it's ranked 4th in usnews). good luck!