1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

washu waitlist????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by strangeattractor, May 13, 2002.

1. strangeattractor

strangeattractor ucla permanent fixture
    7+ Year Member

i also posted somewhere else, but i thought the title might grab more attention...please...anyone know anything about this strange unranked waitlist stuff???? when do you think they might start sending out acceptances???

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kafka79

kafka79 Member
    7+ Year Member

No, I as well haven't heard anything from Wash U lately. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone has posted a Wash U waitlist acceptance on SDN yet. I assume no one has gotten off the waitlist yet. I talked with my interviewer on the phone a few weeks ago. He encouraged me to be patient and said that fewer people had withdrawn this year than at the same time last year. The waitlist will move eventually, though, he promised. One more thing that he said that puzzled me was that he said I am on "the highest list." That doesn't make much sense since I've been told that Wash U has an unranked waitlist. It could be a good sign for me, but more than likely, it was just a encouraging comment. Has anyone else heard that Wash U's waitlist is somehow subdivided?

4. gobears

gobears Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

After you interview, the small regional committee (East, West, Midwest, South) reviews your app and decides whether to reject/waitlist you or advance your app to the second stage. If your app advances, then a large committee reviews your app and decides whether to accept or waitlist you.

Kafka79, when your interviewer said you're in "the highest list," that probably means you made it past the regional review, but were waitlisted by the large committee.

The best thing to do would be to write a letter of intent. PM me if you want details on that. I can probably help.

5. UCSFallthway

UCSFallthway Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Man, I haven't heard anything since my interview in late January...

6. strangeattractor

7+ Year Member

thanks guys...and good luck...tomorrow's the big day!! do you think it's out of our places to call the office thursday or friday to see how many spots have opened up/how many people are actually on the waitlist?

7. gobears

gobears Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For all of you on the Wash U waitlist, one of my friends just got accepted off the waitlist on May 14. Dean Edwin Dodson will call and ask you if you're still interested in being in the med school. Good luck to you all. Hopefully some of you will join my friend and me at Wash U.

8. strangeattractor

7+ Year Member

thank you thank you thank you gobears...<BIG HUGE BEAR HUG>. are you originally from chicago?

9. KDMD

KDMD Member
    7+ Year Member

I recently got a letter in the mail asking if I wished to remain on the wait list at Wash U. Did anyone/everyone else also get this letter?

10. strangeattractor

7+ Year Member

yessirree bob. prolly cuz students tend to deliberate for a while and they might want to make things easier for themselves by eliminating the slowpokes from their pool.

11. strangeattractor

7+ Year Member

one more post, if only to bump this up from the back of the list...i called the office of admissions this morning and they wouldn't tell me how many people are on the waitlist, but they did say that the waitlist has already started moving, to back up what gobears wrote...i couldn't think of anything else to ask, though...besides flat out, "will you let me in already?" i left that last comment out, needless to say :).