washu, what the heck is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marq_bme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please turn in your secondary within 4 weeks!!? Yikes, I still have to finish my summer internship here at the NIH. Geez

Members don't see this ad.

hah - not as bad as some which demand a 10 day turn around!!! case is technically a 2 week. but the 10 day one hurts. all good though, i only have 5 more days of work - then secondary time, all the time.

Is this WashU turnaround for MD/PhDs or MD's

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by jot
all good though, i only have 5 more days of work - then secondary time, all the time.
I'm working full-time as a research assistant...I can't just say, "no more work." :-(

Seriously, the entire secondary/LOR coordination/research work is starting to get to me, taking up so much time. All of my friends always call to do something fun, but I always tell myself I should be writing a secondary instead. Maybe it's because it's so hard to write about yourself, or that I don't understand my own research well enough. Anyone feeling like this?

Hey bikini princess your from Hawaii??? I bet your hot... Am I correct?

Originally posted by longhorn
Hey bikini princess your from Hawaii???

Aside from the incorrect grammar (lack of punctuation between clauses) and the improper substitution of possesive adjective "your" for the contraction "you're" (I hope the author uses an editing service for their medical school applications), I find the rest of the posting mildly offensive. I am sure that no harassment was intended, but the comment came across as rather sophomoric. Of course, if the author was referring to the fact that the annual average temperature in Hawaii is, as a rule, hotter than that in the contiguous United States, I stand corrected, and humbly extend my apologies to the author for my incorrect assumption.

I was referring to the latter statement

and I except you're apologes

Originally posted by longhorn
Hey bikini princess your from Hawaii??? I bet your hot... Am I correct?

:confused: (as in, on top of your game, or on top of your AC bills?) yes - to both :)