WashU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

femdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been complete with them for a month now. I have inquired about my status and both times, same response: "You're application is still under review by the committee" etc. Can anyone give more insight about WashU?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by femdoc
I have been complete with them for a month now. I have inquired about my status and both times, same response: "You're application is still under review by the committee" etc. Can anyone give more insight about WashU?

good question. I got the same response from UTSW and A&M

It's all a waiting game. So all you can do is ... wait.

Tezzie

PS. I received the response from WashU pretty fast but i am aware of other people that took them 4-5 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unlike some other schools that make interview decisions on a regular, paced schedule, they actually do seem to be doing it constantly. I was complete there before a friend, and he received an invite a week earlier. I might have been put on hold for further review for a while, or they might not have an absolutely chronological process to reviewing apps (most schools don't).

Yet more evidence for the unpredictable nature of this process.

Also, they only send the invite via mail. Don't expect an email from them about it.

I'd say sit tight, and good luck! They will get to you.

it took me about a month and a half before i heard back from them for the interview (snail mail). good luck!!

Tezzie,
How did they notify you? Email or snail mail?

The only reply via snail mail.

And as I post my question, I get two answers ahead! Thanks, people.

Not yet! I think that they are going to start sending out acceptances in middle/late November.

Yeah along with Hopkins. I still haven't made up my mind about them :)

They have awesome scholarships also. But that is something to be discussed *IF* i get in.

How about you?

Well, I got awesome (cannot beat type) scholarships from Mayo and Vandy, if Wash U shows me some love we will see..but right now I am trying to figure out Mayo or Vandy with Mayo winning so far. I thought that I had it all planned out and then I received the letter from Vanderbilt (not complaining though). So it is back to the drawing board and trying to figure out....

Be patient on WashU. I think I got stuff all in to them in October last year, didn't get my interview offer till December sometime. And didn't hear back for a REALLY long time. Wait it out, it's worth it....and I'm saying this 2 days before an anatomy exam.....so, it's the truth :)

One of my best friends was in a gala last night and he bumped into one of the adcom people of WUSOM. My friend asked him if any decisions have been made yet. The reply was something like this : " The adcom has met once and they will meet one more time pretty soon, so decisions are going to be reaching applicants fairly soon. There is a chance that a couple of people MIGHT have been accepted but they are the type who walk on water".

Originally posted by Tezzie
There is a chance that a couple of people MIGHT have been accepted but they are the type who walk on water".

I wish I could walk on water. :(

I interviewed at Wash U two weeks ago, but I am not a superstar, so I guess the wait continues.

Did WashU tell you that you would get your decision by April 15th or did they tell you something more concrete?

last year, wash u sent out a batch of acceptances in late december. As far as I'm aware, that was the first group.