Waste of time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maybe0123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have all the TPR books and have finished reviewing the individual subjects. For the past 3 days I have been working through the Cracking the MCAT 13/14 edition to touch back upon all the topics, asses specific weaknesses and have a more generalized content review with practice passages. Do you think this is a waste of time? I would have ~7 more days of it going at my current pace. I recently read some reviews on here that the book is not the best source for review. Thanks.

PS. I also have weekly practice exams worked into my schedule and will be mainly doing practice passages/FL tests after I finish the cracking book.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you feel you have content review down? I recommend going over the AAMC topics list and focus on areas you're not comfortable with. Using http://mcat-review.org/ will help you get a quick, comprehensive overview of each topic.
I was only one year away from finish my science prerequisites, so I felt content review was not that helpful to me. Practicing via passages and tests did because I was able to diagnose my own problems. Was it lack of content knowledge? Or was it that I didn't use my critical thinking skills correctly to solve the question?

Also, when are you taking the actual test?

Test is on July 24th and I am full time studying, content is mainly down although I do have some weak spots in a few of the topics. I am mainly using the book as an overview to assure I have each topic down with a little refresher. After I was going to hit practice passages/more FL tests with hammering in my weaker topic areas. With diagnosing my problems after passages lack of content seems to be the issue rather than critical thinking .