Waterloo University Pharmacy applicants Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotuses

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I decided to start a thread for the 2021 admission cycle. Feel free to discuss stats, the admission process, etc.

Good luck this year :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought it was okay. I tried to do a couple practice prompts beforehand but I'm a bit slow at typing so it was a struggle to finish some of my ideas. I ended up getting cut off while I was typing for a few questions but I tried my best to complete everything

Members don't see this ad :)
hey do you guys think interviews would be cancelled for this year?
I mean in their email they said they still plan to hold the interviews...but that was a few days ago and I believe a lot of the other schools have made them online - Mostly med schools, not too sure about pharmacy schools

ahhhh I hope they don't make them online...that would be rough!
I'm hoping there are not as many applicants this year since this chat is dead LMAO

ahhhh I hope they don't make them online...that would be rough!
I'm hoping there are not as many applicants this year since this chat is dead LMAO
Yeah ikr, the previous years chats seem to be way more active at this point in time...maybe people just aren’t interested in pharmacy anymore lol

• Haha
Wow...apparently UofT PharmD applicants don’t have to do interviews anymore! They have CASPer instead. That’s so lucky...

OMG damn !! lucky them, I wish I applied there :(....... honestly its gonna be so stressful to do online interviews because it will be during finals for me

OMG damn !! lucky them, I wish I applied there :(....... honestly its gonna be so stressful to do online interviews because it will be during finals for me
Oh really? The Interviews are supposed to be May 1-2. I thought all exams end on April 31st no?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email for the interview, anyone else?

Last edited:
Didn't get an interview this cycle, wish you all the best. If you don't mind could you guys share some stats.

Didn't get an interview this cycle, wish you all the best. If you don't mind could you guys share some stats.
Yeah sure!
My overall pre-requisite average is around 88%. I have ~ 1 year of volunteer experience, and ~6 months of working experience. The volunteer and work experience was accumulated at 3 different pharmacies. I think my reference letter was pretty strong too!

Hey there guys, sadly I didn't get an interview this year. Congrats to those who did and good luck!
Is there any way to find out the reason as to why I was not offered an interview?
Also, I am 23 years old should I start looking for alternatives if I can't get into pharmacy next year?

Hey there guys, sadly I didn't get an interview this year. Congrats to those who did and good luck!
Is there any way to find out the reason as to why I was not offered an interview?
Also, I am 23 years old should I start looking for alternatives if I can't get into pharmacy next year?

Hi I am sorry that you have not received an interview offer this cycle. Unfortunately, UW doesn't provide any feedback on their decisions. You can feel free to DM me questions and I can help you figure out what went wrong as I'm familiar with the application process.

It's never too late to do pharmacy. If you are interested in this field I would say that you should give it another shot but have a plan b just in case.

I hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 users
How was the interview? I thought it was okay overall, could’ve been better :(

Reactions: 2 users
I thought we would get a couple of seconds to read the question before recording but I guess not.... kinda was not expecting that based on the sample test. Did anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
i felt like i got really nervous and it could have gone better! but im sure they understand that this isnt a normal interview setting and hopefully it works out for us!

Yes I have

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

out of curiosity, why would you guys wanna study at a school known primarily for math and cs? It's like someone wants to major in gender studies at uc berkeley.

Hey guys! I just got my acceptance offer via quest, so excited to begin this journey with all of you :)

Good luck today everyone!

I got admitted too! Congrats to you all

I got an admission offer too! (On quest)
No email yet though...did anyone else get an email?

No email for me either.

We need to have a FB page!! Anyone is up for that?

I got an acceptance as well !

Waitlisted :(
has anyone heard what the chances are of being admitted of the waiting list?

To anyone else who also applied to uoft pharmacy and got accepted, which are you choosing and why?

Hey there guys, unfortunately I didn't get in this year.
Could you kindly post ur stats and comments and experiences please?
Would greatly appreciate it!

Don't lose hope! I have been rejected by UW before and finally got in!
GPA: 3.3
Experience: 2+ years of pharmacy assistant, research assistant, teaching assistant, and a bunch of student organizations

I also highly recommend you taking the PCAT and applying to UofT as a safety school if you want to study pharmacy. The PCAT is fairly straightforward and they've lowered the percentile requirements to fill the seats this year. You're guaranteed an interview if you have 70%+ and meet the PCAT scores too. Afaik there is less competition for UofT because writing the PCAT is not ideal.

Average: ~79%
pharmacist reference letter with 3 month work experience at the time of application
Casper: can’t really comment on this I didn’t study for it (depends on the people marking you)
Interview: also can’t really comment on this I only prepped 20min for the first question that they give out to all applicants being interviewed (also this yr the interview was shorter as there was no reading comprehension tested since it was done online)

I was accepted after 2 years of undergrad (all with full course load)
Average: 85.6%; GPA: 3.72
Experience: 4 months volunteering in a SDM hospital pharmacy
ECs: bunch of different volunteering experiences, a couple of retail/service industry jobs, was part of a few clubs
Reference: got one from one of the pharmacists that I volunteered with
CASPer: pretty stressful honestly. Be sure to take it seriously and type as fast as you can. I'd recommend using the PPRDJ formula whenever possible. Most importantly, show that you're open-minded and don't jump to conclusions
Interview: wasn't too bad (much less stressful than CASPer, but that's probably because it was an online interview). As always, be sure to have a bunch of experiences that you can pull from so you can answer any question they throw at you (remember that' it's okay to take 10 - 20 seconds to think what you want to say). For the math portion, definitely read the question carefully and watch your units (I'm pretty sure some people forgot to do conversions). Writing portion was hilariously easy.

Good luck to all future applicants!

Hi, I'm planning on applying for this upcoming cycle and it's unfortunate that you were not accepted into the program. I was curious about what your stats were for the previous cycle if you don't mind me asking.

Hey everyone! Congratulations to those who got in and to those who didn't, please don't worry and don't lose hope!! <3
looking forward to seeing everyone in Jan 2024! I'm in the fb group :)