wats the guideline for medicine study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,i m 2nd years's student but still i don't get any guideline for dealing with medical subjects,don't know how much i sould learn about a subject and from where.Its too confusing for me.
Like in last samester,it was microbiology,firstly i tried to learn it from lippincott but in the middle it was too lengthy to do in 4 months samester with other subjects like physiology & immunology.So i started micro from the teacher's lectures slides which do work in the end and i did pass it with good marks but i wonder if its enough for the later exams like usmle,plabes.
The thing i wanna know that how to prepare a subject,r i should go for standerd books( like Guyton )or should rely on teachers lectures for all the subjects.In fact in next samester its pathophysiology,pharmacology,pathology & regional Anatomy ... and the time is only 4 months, wat to do with all these and importantly how to do.
Please help me out i know this post might be weird but i m too confuse coz if i do only notes ,its hard to pass tests like usmle etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,i m 2nd years's student but still i don't get any guideline for dealing with medical subjects,don't know how much i sould learn about a subject and from where.Its too confusing for me.
Like in last samester,it was microbiology,firstly i tried to learn it from lippincott but in the middle it was too lengthy to do in 4 months samester with other subjects like physiology & immunology.So i started micro from the teacher's lectures slides which do work in the end and i did pass it with good marks but i wonder if its enough for the later exams like usmle,plabes.
The thing i wanna know that how to prepare a subject,r i should go for standerd books( like Guyton )or should rely on teachers lectures for all the subjects.In fact in next samester its pathophysiology,pharmacology,pathology & regional Anatomy ... and the time is only 4 months, wat to do with all these and importantly how to do.
Please help me out i know this post might be weird but i m too confuse coz if i do only notes ,its hard to pass tests like usmle etc.

No idea what you are asking but you really need to get a spell checker.
If you do well in your classes at an allo school, you are laying down the right groundwork for future studying for Step 1. I wouldn't worry about other resources you are not using if you are doing fine.

i m asking for suggestions that how should i learn all these and from where so that i can at least understand the basic concepts,and do i go for other books like Robbins , Lippincott etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
i m asking for suggestions that how should i learn all these and from where so that i can at least understand the basic concepts,and do i go for other books like Robbins , Lippincott etc.

The books are your friends at this stage. Later you will forget everything they taught you, and that will be fine, but keep the info in your head until Step 1 is over.

The better question is which book to use for which subject. Talk to your classmates about that.

1) Learn how to read/write english properly
2) Worry about your med school subjects. If 1) is completed appropriately, 2) should be less of an issue.