Way to go TCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCOM402

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Student Doctors,

Please join me in congratulating the current third year class (Class of 2011) on their exemplary COMLEX I performance. All students have taken the examination from our new third year class, and here is the data that I have just finished receiving, and collated:

154 students took the exam.
The Pass rate is 99.4%
The high score was 785, with four students scoring over 700+
27 students scored between 600 - and 699
81 students scored between 500 and 599
41 students scored between 400 and 499
1 student scored below 400.

The current mean is Mean=544

This is an impressive mean to say the least. For comparison, last year's mean was 536 with 99.3% pass rate. Last year we were number one in both pass rate and mean score.

As you know, we have been number one in the country on the COMLEX I examination for the past four years. Although I will not be able to confirm this until next summer, I am relatively certain this will now be the fifth year in a row where TCOM students are number one on this exam.

All I can say is I am extremely proud of our faculty for their dedication, and extremely proud of our students for their hard work. TCOM students Rock!!

Congratulations.

Dr. Bruce Dubin
Interim Dean
UNTHSC-TCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Nice! Congrats TCOM students!!!!!!!!! :clap:

BTW: I think it's way cool that TCOM supports their students by lauding their accomplishments. Could you pass on the tidbits to other deans? ;)

Congrats, that is fantastic!

I also applaud TCOM's encouragement and I really like the idea of their Dean to have a blog to pass on info and relate to students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrads TCOM!

You might want to check the blog thingy....I think it's been shut down.

Yeah, Dr. Dubin shut down his blog sadly, due to some comments on keeptcomdo.com. However, from what I have experienced with Dr. Dubin has been awesome. His clinical discussion was great and I am really looking forward to having more interactions with him through the time I am here. Great dean, always encouraging, great teacher, and more importantly, great doctor.