Way to know which LORs were received or not.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some LORs up on the ecfmg now and today my mspe and transcript were uploaded.

I'm still waiting on 2 LORs. If one gets reported and the other does not, is there a way for me to find out which one was received so I can follow up on the other one?

Members don't see this ad.

I have some LORs up on the ecfmg now and today my mspe and transcript were uploaded.

I'm still waiting on 2 LORs. If one gets reported and the other does not, is there a way for me to find out which one was received so I can follow up on the other one?

By asking the letter writer or your dean's office.

There is another way..

Login to OASIS on the ECFMG website. Go to ERAS Token >> Residency token..
There you can see what packets ECFMG has received for you. Mind you, as of today, there is a lag of 5 working days between ECFMG receiving the packet and this information appearing on OASIS.

In another five days after they would admit to the fact they have got your packet, they will come around to scanning and uploading it. Of course, once it's uploaded, you can see it in ADTS in myERAS.

So, in all, 10 working days (two weeks) between ECFMG receiving the packet and them uploading it. Sucks big time, but that's what's happening..

(If waiting five days gives you jitters, I would suggest sending it via some kind of mail that gives receipt confirmation.)

Oh wait, I just re-read the question and this is not what you asked.. :p

Well, maybe someone will benefit from this info.. As for your question, ERAS names the LORs LOR1, LOR2 etc according to the order you put the names of recommenders in the Documents section. Once you have identified the ERAS names for your individual LOR writers, you can go to ADTS (Track my applications) and see which ones have been uploaded.

Bevo,

From what I saw in OASIS they don't report which letter was received, they just post the date and "letter of recommendation".
So what I did was gave my letter writers pre-stamped envelopes with the green stickers for tracking on them. That way I could go online usps.com and check if they mailed it or not. So once ECFMG receives the letter you can find out which one of your writers mailed it.
Of course I ended up not needing that because all my writers notified me via e-mail once the letters have been sent. Nice of them I thought.

Mind you, as of today, there is a lag of 5 working days between ECFMG receiving the packet and this information appearing on OASIS.
(If waiting five days gives you jitters, I would suggest sending it via some kind of mail that gives receipt confirmation.)
I'm glad I did get delivery confirmation from the USPS after all, b/c according to OASIS, my documents have not been received when in fact they were delivered 3 days ago. So there IS a lag...OASIS is not being very helpful :(

if you read the top of www.ecfmg.org/eras

you'll read that there is a lag of like 10 business days before they scan a document in.

I'm glad I did get delivery confirmation from the USPS after all, b/c according to OASIS, my documents have not been received when in fact they were delivered 3 days ago. So there IS a lag...OASIS is not being very helpful :(

Yeah, same here. I sent mine by courier. They received them on the 12th (thank you for being able to check on the web, FedEx) but they only showed up in the OASIS queue as being received on the 14th. Finally got uploaded yesterday.

Considering the amount of money we pay them, they could really being doing better.

To answer your question you could always call ECFMG but they may not be able to give you an answer. I had an important letter sent last week which is still not showing in OASIS. I called ECFMG yesterday and they said that there is a delay from when they receive it and when it is posted in OASIS. He said wait until next Wednesday. I am worried about this as it is an important letter but I see I am not the only one in this situation. It would help if they would hire more people and have more equipment ready in anticipation of this. If you send another letter from the same person they will then assign the whole thing by the date they got the second copy, not the first, which will delay things even more.

there's a simpler way my friend. when you assign the letter writers in eras you can see which "number" they are by going to myeras and going under "documents" and then "letters of recommendation". they will appear as followed:
View LoR Writer #1 - Thomas G. Ferguson Jr., Chief of Medicine
View LoR Writer #2 - Ronald Clay Marts, Staff Internist
View LoR Writer #3 - Terry Delord, Director of Ambulatory Care

then go to "track applications" on the account home section. a popup window will appear with a drop down menu for you to search the programs you applied to. click on a program and it will let you see which letter was received on which date. and remember, "letter #1" corresponds to your "LoR Writer #1" from above. this is the best and easiest way of knowing for sure.

FINALLY, after 7 business days, OASIS shows my documents have been received...in only a matter of days, the documents will show up on ADTS anyways, so what's the point of this OASIS feature :rolleyes: