cdngirl80

10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Status
I received the wayne state secondary last night and it says that if you're a reapplicant to wayne state then you need to state what your understanding of why you didn't get accepted and what you've done differently. well the thing with me is that I applied super late when i applied 2 years ago so I didn't even get the secondary plus in that time i completed a master's degree and i moved to michigan. Now would these be possible answers to this question...I just feel weird being like well for starters i actually received the secondary this time so i know that this is one of the big reasons why i wasn't accepted to your med school and now i've established in-state residency so i've improved my chances there.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

oldjeeps

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
When can I escape from Michigan
Status
Resident [Any Field]
cdngirl80 said:
I received the wayne state secondary last night and it says that if you're a reapplicant to wayne state then you need to state what your understanding of why you didn't get accepted and what you've done differently. well the thing with me is that I applied super late when i applied 2 years ago so I didn't even get the secondary plus in that time i completed a master's degree and i moved to michigan. Now would these be possible answers to this question...I just feel weird being like well for starters i actually received the secondary this time so i know that this is one of the big reasons why i wasn't accepted to your med school and now i've established in-state residency so i've improved my chances there.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
try focusing on
1. the fact that you are applying earlier this time (ignore the fact that you didn’t get a secondary last time)
2. the course work you have done since then.
3. any other things you have done – volunteering, etc
4. leave in-state residency out of it, unless you live in Detroit and want to attempt to show your love for the area and serving the underserved in Detroit (but don’t go there unless you have some experiences to prove it).
5. other weaknesses in your application (we all have/had them) you have worked on addressing in the last two years

About the Ads