Wayne State Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dayne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am working on the Wayne State Secondary. I am sort of trying to find out a way to answer the question in Group III (for reapplicants):

What is your understanding of why you have not been accepted to medical thus far? What have you done to increase the likelihood that you will be accepted this year?

A combinations of factors I think contributed to my failed application last year. Primarily, I applied late (wasn't verified until mid-October), I probably didn't have enough clinical, community, and leadership experiences. Moreover, I hadn't completed my organic chemistry credits yet.

I have done a lot to address these aspects of my application. And I am going to mention all that. But should I mention the "applying late part"? Or should I just focus on what I lacked last year and what I have done to improve my application since then (i.e. better extracurriculars, volunteering experiences, and LOR's)?

BTW, my GPA is 3.70 (Electrical Engineering graduate), and my MCAT is 30 O (10, 10, 10). My GPA's just gone up 0.01 since last year from 3.69 to 3.70 from post bacc courses.

Members don't see this ad.

Why did you apply late?

I would mention it...

it asks for your understanding of why you were not accepted. Chances are, with your stats an earlier application would have given you a much better shot. So it is a valid point to include.

Members don't see this ad :)
Slightly off-topic..how does one receive an invite to the wayne st. secondary?

Is it snail, or email?

I haven't even gotten a secondary invite. I received one from nearly all the schools I applied to. I'm a HI resident.

WSU's Secondary is sent snail mail.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I applied late last year because I didn't have all the information. I am a Canadian applicant. And I didn't really know how important it was to apply early in the cycle.

I guess that I am going to just mention it briefly in my one page response.

I think it is relevant and important to mention your late application. (dont dwell, but i definitely mentioned it in my essay). late apps can contribute to no acceptances and you can improve by turning it in earlier