Wayne State Students: Where do you live???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Szkwicz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello...
I will definitely be attending Wayne State University next fall, and I'm anticipating going so much that I've already been looking into the housing situation. It seems to me that there are actually alot of options.
I was thinking of trying to live on campus in some of the grad apartments--maybe University Tower.
I was just hoping to see if anyone on here was currently at Wayne and had any pointers on where to look for some decent apartments...where do most Wayne students live??
Any pointers would be swell...thanks!
-Andy

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Andy, I'm Kristi, a 4th year at WSUSOM.

UT is a common place to live for the 1st year. After that, people tend to move out - Wayne is trying to house undergrads there as well, so many folks don't like the noise level. But it is only a 3 block walk to Scott Hall...nice when you are running late.

Another common place to live is Lafayette Towers. It's about 7 minutes from the med school. They have everything from studios to (i think) 2 bedroom apartments. It's also near Sala Thai and a trendy coffee shop (where a lot of folks hang out and study at).

There are a lot of houses for rent not too far away from school...and the neighborhood isn't that bad (I have friends who live there).

If you're willing to live further away, Royal Oak, the Pointes, and Dearborn also have a large student population. I live even further away, in Plymouth (on good days, I can be at school in 35 minutes - but with traffic, I need to allow 1 hour).

You can email me - [email protected] if you have more questions. Just beware - I'm slow at answering email!
HTH,
Kristi

Hi,
I am a first year and I live in Lafayette Towers. I strongly recommend checking them out because they have some really nice apartments with great views for rent that isn't really that high. Other places to look at would be Harbortown and Riverfront which are a little bit nicer, but also more expensive. There are many places to live downtown and I strongly recommend it. Especially during first year with Gross Lab, you don't want to be spending your time driving to and from the suburbs.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. I too am slow at answering mail.

Later,
--jimmybee

szkwicz~

are you going to have a roommate for next year? i am most likely going to wayne next year and will be checking out apts. over break if you are interested in coming along. and i am looking for a roommate too...