jwmag

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Status
Anyone know what the stats are for early decision at wayne state? I have the msar, nothing more though.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I doubt schools post that info....Best thing to do would be to call or visit the school and explain your situation...THey will probably tell you if you should apply EDP or not

If your stats are at or above their averages i say go for it, if its where you really wanna go.

RamRod

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
This is from the medical school website:

To be considered qualified for the program, you must have:
  • At least a 3.60 undergraduate GPA (as calculated by AMCAS)
  • At least a 3.60 Science and Math GPA (as calculated by AMCAS)
  • At least a 10 on each section of the MCAT
Interviews are scheduled in September and you will receive a decision no later than October 1, 2007.

Good luck in the application process!

jamesrick80

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2008
Louisiana
Status
Pre-Medical
I wouldn't do it when you can wait till October 15th for a regular admission acceptance if your application was verified early with your MCAT score already in of course.

OP
J

jwmag

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Status
my stats are:
bcmp 3.90
gpa 3.80
mcat 32O, 10/11/11
120 hours in the emergency center with the research people.
LOR - nothing special
michigan resident. went to local university, oakland university. 30 minutes from wayne state

anyone ever called to ask about early decision? i mean, can you ask admissions straight up if they will accept you or not? or at least how likely percentage wise? something like this.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
my stats are:
bcmp 3.90
gpa 3.80
mcat 32O, 10/11/11
120 hours in the emergency center with the research people.
LOR - nothing special
michigan resident. went to local university, oakland university. 30 minutes from wayne state

anyone ever called to ask about early decision? i mean, can you ask admissions straight up if they will accept you or not? or at least how likely percentage wise? something like this.
I set up an interview with the Dean at the school and he was happy to meet with me. I asked him about EDP and he said while he cant guarantee me a spot, he kind of urged me to apply if I knew I wanted that school. I am sure most schools will do the same.