This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbanzai

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
decided!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think WesternU will be a better choice for you. You’ll have your family and SO nearby, which will be super helpful when times are tough, and it seems like that’s where your heart is at. Don’t pick a school just because it’s an MD school. Pick a school where you will be happy because that will help you succeed.

Reactions: 5 users
Wayne >> Western for competitive specialties. Other than Pomona Valley and Arrowhead, Do you get to rotate to LLUMC? The 57/10/71/210 freeway sucks. Go where you will be happy, but you will have to do the DO hustle at western for competitive specialties.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MD over DO every time unless it’s Cal north state

Wayne hospitals (DMC, Henry Ford, etc.) are probably second best in the state (not sure how Beaumont royal oak compares) but either way, Wayne is the better choice even if not considering competitive specialties

I think WesternU will be a better choice for you. You’ll have your family and SO nearby, which will be super helpful when times are tough, and it seems like that’s where your heart is at. Don’t pick a school just because it’s an MD school. Pick a school where you will be happy because that will help you succeed.
OP says that she/he has mind on possibly doing a competitive specialty. I could possibly see choosing DO over MD if set on primary care but OP will have a 10x easier time matching anything competitive from Wayne.

I go to western. MD >>>> DO. You can easily match back into California thru Wayne state if you desired.

Just wanted to pop in and say Detroit is an amazing city. The culture is infectious in a good way and theres so much community feel. If youre a sports fan its a great town with all the teams down town. If youre not theres a great restaurant and farmers market scene, live music scene, outdoor activities, among other things, at not an extremely high price point. I hope you make the decision best for you but wanted to shed light on Detroit.

I definitely would be happier at westernU I think! Thanks for your words :)

Just wanted to pop in and say Detroit is an amazing city. The culture is infectious in a good way and theres so much community feel. If youre a sports fan its a great town with all the teams down town. If youre not theres a great restaurant and farmers market scene, live music scene, outdoor activities, among other things, at not an extremely high price point. I hope you make the decision best for you but wanted to shed light on Detroit.
This is super helpful thank you:)