wayne state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roundabout

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard back from wayne state? i know they said that all decisions will be made on the 22nd, but i was wondering if that's just the waitlist/rejections

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed quite a while ago, on the 26th of sept, and i haven't heard anything so i'm assuming everything will be done on wed. i'm looking forward to calling!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, i just interview on the 12th, but i'm getting all nervous.

I interviewed there on the 29th of September, and I too have not heard anything, so I am hoping that means there might be good news awaiting me tomorrow:) I 'm definitely planning on calling to find out! :p

me too. i think the phone is a terrible way to find out though. i rather just get an envelope. creepers.

Ok, now I feel sheepish!:rolleyes:

I seem to have misplaced the paper that tells what time(s) and what number to call today (the 22nd) to check on our status.

Does anyone have that information handy! I would be very grateful!

THANKS!:clap: :clap:

the number to the admissions office is (313) 577-1466... and it says that applicants may call the office between 1:00pm and 5:00pm. good luck.

Thanks AH! That's just what I needed!! You're super for helping me out! :clap: :clap: :clap: Good luck to you as well!

me too! congrats! :clap: :clap: :D

Ditto!!! Congrats potential fellow classmates!:clap: :clap: :clap:

AHHH!! Quit getting in, you're taking all the spots!

Just kidding, I'm happy and excited for you guys. :clap:

Wayne is my top choice.

Any advice on secondary and/or interview?

Cmudan

hey cmudan,

i have a couple pointers for the interview for you... first, when you park, you park at the surface lot on E Canfield... i mistakenly tried to get into the structure there but was denied. you'll see what i mean when you get there.

secondly, when you have lunch, don't eat the fish sandwich.

good luck

Hey cmudan,

Don't worry! I'm sure they're saving a spot with your name on it:)!:D Besides, there should at least be some comfort in knowing that the class is around 250!

As for the secondary, it's pretty straightforward, same with the interview. I felt fully prepared by reading over the posts on interview feeback (and I submitted my own post-interview). Just know why you want to go to Wayne, be able to talk about your ECs and what type of medicine you'd like to practice and brace yourself for a relatively stress-free day. Plus, it's not all that time-consuming of an interview day, compared to some other schools.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck! Let us know how everything turns out!:clap:

Congratulations to all of you on your admission. Best of luck as you decide what you are going to do. It's a great school. If you have any questions about the school, let me know!

:clap:

yay! i'm in too! does anyone know when we should be expecting the packet o' stuff? i'm getting addicted to filling out forms...

Hey DriNDT and everyone else CONGRATS!!! :clap:
It must be nice, look forward to buggin u guys for interview preparation if/once i get to that stage :p

Originally posted by roundabout
yay! i'm in too! does anyone know when we should be expecting the packet o' stuff? i'm getting addicted to filling out forms...

They said they will be mailing out the packets tomorrow when I called. Actually, 2 am, so supposedly today.

Originally posted by Laura JC
Congratulations to all of you on your admission. Best of luck as you decide what you are going to do. It's a great school. If you have any questions about the school, let me know!

:clap:

Hey Laura JC, thanks for offering your help!

I have one question about WayneState: how long and at what times of the day are you typically in class/lab during the first two years there? They didn't give us many details about the curriculum at interview day. Any input would really be appreciated.

Thanks