Ways of getting off the waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatdapho

MS-I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently found out that I was placed on the alternative list at DMU. When I went to DMU it wasn't my first pick but after leaving there it was because I was so impressed. I have been accepted to AZCOM but I really want to attend DMU (no offense to AZCOM folks out there). What can I do to get myself off the list or even bump my name up the list? They will consider alternates in May when they conclude interviews. Any suggestions and info would be appreciated. Good to to anyone else!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I recently found out that I was placed on the alternative list at DMU. When I went to DMU it wasn't my first pick but after leaving there it was because I was so impressed. I have been accepted to AZCOM but I really want to attend DMU (no offense to AZCOM folks out there). What can I do to get myself off the list or even bump my name up the list? They will consider alternates in May when they conclude interviews. Any suggestions and info would be appreciated. Good to to anyone else!!!

Send DMU a letter to let them know. I am sure once 12/15 approaches (when deposits are due) there will be more openings. I am holding an acceptance that I am planning on turning down... so there's hope.

:luck:

Send DMU a letter to let them know. I am sure once 12/15 approaches (when deposits are due) there will be more openings. I am holding an acceptance that I am planning on turning down... so there's hope.

:luck:

So DMU doesn't look at waitlisters until May. I've sent in a letter of intent and a new LOR but none of it matters until May. And that's if they have empty spots. Geez, this process is painful. It's too bad we can't trade acceptances. Anyone want a AZCOM for a DMU?:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
So DMU doesn't look at waitlisters until May. I've sent in a letter of intent and a new LOR but none of it matters until May. And that's if they have empty spots. Geez, this process is painful. It's too bad we can't trade acceptances. Anyone want a AZCOM for a DMU?:laugh:
Ooo! The lottery starts now? No wait...darn! I didn't know that DMU had that protocol. You did the right thing in sending an LOI and a new LOR. The more contact you have with them, the better chance they'll look favorably at your application in May. Unfortunately, I declined AZCOM because I got into DMU, but... my DMU spot will most likely be empty by Dec 14th. :) Hang in there!

HemaOncoDoc,

Just out of curiosity, why will your seat be empty at DMU after the 15th? MD acceptance? Or did you decide on another DO school?

HemaOncoDoc,

Just out of curiosity, why will your seat be empty at DMU after the 15th? MD acceptance? Or did you decide on another DO school?
I'm deciding between two schools one of which is not DMU, so my seat will be empty. :) Whoever takes my seat, make me proud!