DrSwede

15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
So what did those of you who got rejection letters do with them? Burn them? Keep them? I got one and I'm still pondering what to do with it, any creative suggestions?

shock827

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
you need to keep one so when you take the MCAT for a third time you can send that in and they let you. :D

thehopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Status (Visible)
Frame it!!!
That's right, think about it.
Frame it so when you wake up you see it everyday, and can use it as a motivation if you are re-taking the MCAT (i hope not) or to help you keep studying in med school insted of relaxing. Keep it as a motivation factor.
That way when you get through med school you have done the best you can and won't get any rejection letter form any residency, so you can choose where you want to go and not the other way around.

What do you think of my suggestion.

About the Ads

UTKB

15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Use it as bedding for your gerbil. If you have a cat, use it as kitty litter. If you have a dog, use it to pick up its poop. If you don't have a pet, whiz on it yourself (if you're a guy). If you're female, umm, probably not good to whiz on it...just shred it in that case.

CanIMakeIt

It will get better once you are...still waiting :)
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Wiggy73 said:
Send it back.

and write in bold letters.......NOT AN ACCEPTABLE OUTCOME.......MEET AGAIN AND SEND THE CORRECT ONE ..........

won't it be funny if someone actually did that.......:)

morganlefay

hanging in there
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
miami, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
CanIMakeIt said:
and write in bold letters.......NOT AN ACCEPTABLE OUTCOME.......MEET AGAIN AND SEND THE CORRECT ONE ..........

won't it be funny if someone actually did that.......:)

:laugh:
Man, do I wanna do that....

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Bedpan Commando said:
So what did those of you who got rejection letters do with them? Burn them? Keep them? I got one and I'm still pondering what to do with it, any creative suggestions?

How about hang them on a "Wall of Shame". You could set aside a small area (very small for the small number of rejection letters) and hang them there. Anytime you get particularly anxious or angry throw darts at it. You can also hang your condolence messages with it so you know how much you are loved even with your rejection letters.

Childe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
AR
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Psycho Doctor said:
How about hang them on a "Wall of Shame". You could set aside a small area (very small for the small number of rejection letters) and hang them there. Anytime you get particularly anxious or angry throw darts at it. You can also hang your condolence messages with it so you know how much you are loved even with your rejection letters.
I actually did put mine up on my wall lol. Ego check

abeanatrice

15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
Lucky for me, each rejection letter I get will get me a free beer next semester. Just a small consolation for paying $30-100 for someone to reject you...

MsEvolution

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Iowa
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Bedpan Commando said:

It's part of your life history. Keep them! I'm keeping all of mine... heck, I even plan to frame acceptance and (maybe) rejections. It's all been a part of this journey that I've been wanting to complete for over a decade.

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status (Visible)
I'm getting most of my rejections via "check your status page" notices. So do I bash my computer with a bat? Purge my hard drive? Buy a new computer that will show me more love? I don't know. This is a toughy! :laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.