Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
1) Include something in your signature like "Harvard, Yale, or Stanford - Which should I choose to accept?" or "Harvard 2008?????"

2) Constantly reference that you went to an Ivy Ugrad.

3) Reference your "horrible" stats, later mention that you have a 3.7 and a 30.

4) Chances are if "2B" is included in your name.....

5) Ask if it is possible to get into med school with a B in a premed course.

6) Hold on to acceptances at school you have no intention of attending.

others?

usmaple

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
Way back when I was an undergrad, there was a guy in my dorm freshman year who used to sit in the lobby WEARING SCRUBS and READING THE LANCET. He was one of the reasons that I became a math major.

Lame. Ass.

linus

fly tux.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Status
7. Have over 6800 posts before even beginning the application process :p

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by linus
7. Have over 6800 posts before even beginning the application process :p
That goes without saying. However, I prefer to look at the shortcomings of others before I look at my own.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by usmaple
Way back when I was an undergrad, there was a guy in my dorm freshman year who used to sit in the lobby WEARING SCRUBS and READING THE LANCET. He was one of the reasons that I became a math major.

Lame. Ass.
Yeah, enginerds are much more tolerable than pre-meds

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Originally posted by Cerberus
Yeah, enginerds are much more tolerable than pre-meds
can we not count biochem majors as premed? in my school, the biochem majors like me are not necessarily "premed", just sadistic.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by musiclink213
can we not count biochem majors as premed? in my school, the biochem majors like me are not necessarily "premed", just sadistic.
i 2nd this...haha

almost all the premed at my schools took cell dev bio.

by the way...great post cerb....:laugh:

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
how about...

8. people who ask if they should i buy a new vette or a new s500...

linus

fly tux.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Status
9. Make fun of other people's acceptances despite the fact that you haven't received a single one yet (several trolls come to mind).

Deuteronomy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles
Visit site
Status
10. Ask for advice on quadruple concentration, with particular emphasis on the *feasibility* of majoring in electrical engineering, with minors in biology, history, and feminine studies

scrabbler

too much sugar
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Status
1) Include something in your signature like "Harvard, Yale, or Stanford - Which should I choose to accept?" or "Harvard 2008?????"
I agree that putting down a bunch of high-powered acceptances in your signature is silly, but why is Harvard 2008 particularly lame over any other xxxxx Class of 2008? Whatcha got against Hahvahd (or are you saying it is ok as long as it doesn't have five question marks after it)?

necta

15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
WOW, I don't even know what to say! Its just nice to see that somebody put all of my frustrations about these forums into words! :D

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by scrabbler
I agree that putting down a bunch of high-powered acceptances in your signature is silly, but why is Harvard 2008 particularly lame over any other xxxxx Class of 2008? Whatcha got against Hahvahd (or are you saying it is ok as long as it doesn't have five question marks after it)?
It's the "?????" that makes the sig pretentious. The soul purpose of such a sig is to make other people think that X poster interviewed/applied to HMS.

scrabbler

too much sugar
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Status
It's the "?????" that makes the sig pretentious. The sould purpose of such a sig is to make other people away that X poster interviewed/applied to HMS.
All right, agreed.

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Beantown
Status
Attending Physician
Complain about an acceptance to Temple or Finch forgetting about the 15,000 people out there who won't get an acceptance anywhere and would love to have your spot.

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status
487. Look down upon a DO or primary care physician even though you got rejected from all allo schools.

488. Constantly make reference to a class as GRADUATE-LEVEL, as if you are the only undergraduate in the history of mankind to take one grad class.

489. Try to rationalize cheating by saying "if you're not doing it, it's because you have no life"

490. Only lurker posts are on choosing schools, announcing where you got in, etc.

The sad thing is, I think I can name people on SDN who fit these descriptions.

finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
CA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by musiclink213
You mean masochistic, right? Unless all the biochem majors meet up once a week to whip each other. :laugh:

Tiki

Girl named after a Giant
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2004
East Coast
Status
Attending Physician
Create a topic that has already been created 9,999,999 times already, instead of using the search button. :)

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by finnpipette
You mean masochistic, right? Unless all the biochem majors meet up once a week to whip each other. :laugh:
if you only knew...:laugh:

Originally posted by tautomer
11. Registering on the SDN forums just so you can ask: Hopkins vs. Harvard? Which would YOU choose?
Now, now, let's not get a bit bitter. I posted that very topic and have been flamed quite a bit as a result.

It was a legit question, I didn't do it to show off, just honestly wanted people's opinions. Nobody in my family has ever completed a Bachelor's degree let alone thought about med school, so where else to turn for advice but SDN?;)

I don't think that makes me a lameass.....but maybe it does....I've been called a loser before, but lameass just kind of hurts.....:(

No hard feelings though:hardy:

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Gleevec

The sad thing is, I think I can name people on SDN who fit these descriptions.

Yeah, me too man.

Can we add "Declaring any U.S. medical school as 'sub-par' - since even the 'worst' med schools reject thousands of people".

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Originally posted by finnpipette
you obviously don't know biochem majors. ;)

i said what i said, and i will stand behind it, no matter how ungrammatical it's gots to become.

farley is god

Empty Tank.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2004
The Filthy Dirty
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Gleevec
487. Look down upon a DO or primary care physician even though you got rejected from all allo schools.
...or even if you didn't get rejected from all allo schools.

(also, for some reason I read your entire post in Brian's voice.)

PsychoLulu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Status
Originally posted by skypilot
Complain about an acceptance to Temple or Finch forgetting about the 15,000 people out there who won't get an acceptance anywhere and would love to have your spot.
Agreed! Count your blessings, ppl! :love:

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status
Originally posted by farleyisgod
...or even if you didn't get rejected from all allo schools.

(also, for some reason I read your entire post in Brian's voice.)
good point

and that's hilarious about Brian's voice. I love that character!

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
www.studentdoctor.net
Status
MD/PhD Student
I third that...

divinemsm

Pseudo Intellectual
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
On the brink
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
# Blank: " Full Ride at NYU vs. Full Price at Harvard "....so glad to know there are rational people on these boards...

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
Whatever # we're on: You make threads like,"Ways You Can Distinguish Yourself as a Lameass."

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
Whatever # we're on: You make threads like,"Ways You Can Distinguish Yourself as a Lameass."
that was more like a half a cent, not a whole two... would you like your change in cash or check? :laugh:

Totally kidding... you know I still love you! ;)

PsychoLulu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Status
Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
(n-1): Give people bad advice so they wait till the last minute to submit their AMCAS application and get screwed.
Ahh, yes.... I suspect these are the same people that acted obnoxious during the MCAT breaks on purpose in an attempt to "psych out" other test takers and drive down the curve.

Kinda amazing that they're all striving for a career in a profession based on caring for others....hum.... :confused:

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by PsychoLulu
Ahh, yes.... I suspect these are the same people that acted obnoxious during the MCAT breaks on purpose in an attempt to "psych out" other test takers and drive down the curve.

Kinda amazing that they're all striving for a career in a profession based on caring for others....hum.... :confused:
but then again...those are the people that would enter the fields where patient interaction would be close to non-existant.

PsychoLulu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Status
true...but still, the thought of a human life being in the hands of someone who is willing to screw another over for his/her own benefits scares me....

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by PsychoLulu

Trying to "psyche out" other test takers...absolutely pathetic. I can't believe people would even resort to such petty behavior. Eh...just goes to show...the title "premed" should actually be used as an insult...not a way for someone to distinguish themselves from their peers...I used to think that premeds were people who were willing to work themselves to the bone to achieve in one of the most demanding and noble professions known to man...I was WRONG...premeds are just grade-grubbing, prestige-hungry, ultra-competitive dilettantes who will gladly shove their nose 2" further up their professor's rectum if they think it'll raise their grade from an A to an A+....I now regret using the word "premed" in my SDN handle....I know SDN handles are pretty trivial in the grand scheme of life...but if I could turn back the hands of time, I would just change my handle to any name that doesn't have "premed" in it...

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Status

2) Constantly reference that you went to an Ivy Ugrad.

3) Reference your "horrible" stats, later mention that you have a 3.7 and a 30.

4) Chances are if "2B" is included in your name.....

5) Ask if it is possible to get into med school with a B in a premed course.

6) Hold on to acceptances at school you have no intention of attending.

others?
#1: Sounds like you're pointing at one or two specific people...

#2: When I was at interviews at some schools, there are people from Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, etc...it's rather intimidating, but I don't think they mean harm.

#4: Well let's not get to that. The only "2B" I know is not a lameass

#5: Well some people are just overly anxious about the process...but when they go through it themselves, they'll realize how one individual grade matters little compared to the pattern of grades.

Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Austin, Texas
www.google.com
Status
** How to improve their mcat scores even though they got a 35
** Mention every other post that their interviewer was thoroughly impressed and said that "they have been the best applicant ever!"
** They advise everyone with MCAT below 30 to not even think about applying....cause they have no chance

Tiki

Girl named after a Giant
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2004
East Coast
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by divinemsm
# Blank: " Full Ride at NYU vs. Full Price at Harvard "....so glad to know there are rational people on these boards...
That one annoys the crap out of me.:laugh:

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Having a name like "Berkely______", then saying that you don't think your 3.7 BCMB is high enough to get accepted.

*in case it isnt obvious this post means to point out a particular toolbag on this forum...*

Peterock

"PeeT-Ro'k"
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
Deal with it
Visit site
Status
Having a name like "Berkely______", then saying that you don't think your 3.7 BCMB is high enough to get accepted.

*in case it isnt obvious this post means to point out a particular toolbag on this forum...*
No no no, that is too obvious. We will refer to him as. "B____Premed". Much better.

Giving advice to people on the MCAT even though you haven't actually taken the MCAT. The same thing goes for giving tons of advice on how to get into medical school when you're several years from applying.

Pawning off other people's hardship stories as your own.... or using other people's hardships to establish how you have empathy.

Hyperventilating/Panic attack during the first day of a class's lab check-in (just checking off what glassware you have). True story.

Telling people you failed when you got an A-.

Being part of group assignments while only being there to resist doing any work, copying everything and bringing a bad attitude.

Abe

15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2003
Visit site
Status
lol trying to psych out other mcat takers. I'd truly punch the guy that tries to do that when I take the mcat. That's probably the biggest lameass their is.

tautomer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Peterock
No no no, that is too obvious. We will refer to him as. "B____Premed". Much better.

You must be as much a simpsons fan as I. Kudos.

P.S. Thats one of my favorite episodes!

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
#67 Insinuate that Temple and Finch are considered to be the worst allo schools in the country.

They are all I've got so far! Are they really the worst?:confused:

Paws

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by DrBodacious
#67 Insinuate that Temple and Finch are considered to be the worst allo schools in the country.

Ah-men! and can we please add Drexel???? :)

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Beantown
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by DrBodacious

Yeah I blew it with that one. What I meant to say is "complain about the school you have been accepted too without realizing how lucky you are."

You could have put almost any school in there other than the ones everyone considers golden. And I won't name them!

If "worst" means gives you excellent training and will get you a great residency then no one should have a problem.

:)

TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Boston, MA
Visit site
Status
This is not directly related to SDN but you know you are a lameass if you dress up in scrubs for halloween.

I saw about 5 kids on campus during halloween who were wearing scrubs and I just wanted to punt kick them.