WCU-COM Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Poet Sings

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it is, as promised!
See also: Facebook page and Facebook group. Everyone can join the page but you need to be approved to join the group.
We're going to med school, ladies and gentlemen! WOOOOOOHOOOOO :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The number of class deposits paid are up to 50 according to the premed page. Just wondering where those 50 stand as far as looking for housing. Me and my gf and another girl, all of whom got in, went and investigated potential spots to live for next year.

I will be living right off USM's campus whose library I've heard is a popular spot for WCU's students. Here's the link, http://www.rentalguideapartments.com/Apartments/MS/City/Hattiesburg/ListingId/7140705.html. Not the most lavish of accommodations but if you want to take a look at the place I'll be the super/handyman for the apartments so you can PM me if you're interested. The name of the apartment complex is Southern Court. They are all one bedrooms and unfortunately don't allow pets. Very safe and quiet. Other private apartments around the area are similarly priced (approx. 350-450/mo) and are worth looking into if you're seeking the bookworm graduate student life, devoid of roommate drama.

Other places the girls in my entourage found appealing were the Midtown Cottages (owned by http://www.londonandstetelman.com/), also we came across some private houses for rent scattered throughout the nicer neighborhoods northwest of WCU. Our reconnaissance was kind of under-whelming so they'll be going back on a weekday with a game plan to get a better idea of what Hattiesburg has to offer.

Others on facebook have mentioned the Cottages which to me seemed a tad on the lavish side. Admittedly that's all relative to what one considers excessive. Bottom line, the price was around 560/person. It did seem to perhaps run the risk of putting oneself at ground zero for party central so if the frat-tastic life is for you then be sure to give them a holler. They did look fun and could easily be the nicest place one could come by without accidentally stumbling upon something better in downtown or in one of the surrounding neighborhoods.

Also if anyone is interested in starting an unofficial student site, PM me about a collaborative project. Preferably some background in webpage design would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
The number of class deposits paid are up to 50 according to the premed page. Just wondering where those 50 stand as far as looking for housing. Me and my gf and another girl, all of whom got in, went and investigated potential spots to live for next year.

I will be living right off USM's campus whose library I've heard is a popular spot for WCU's students. Here's the link, http://www.rentalguideapartments.com/Apartments/MS/City/Hattiesburg/ListingId/7140705.html. Not the most lavish of accommodations but if you want to take a look at the place I'll be the super/handyman for the apartments so you can PM me if you're interested. The name of the apartment complex is Southern Court. They are all one bedrooms and unfortunately don't allow pets. Very safe and quiet. Other private apartments around the area are similarly priced (approx. 350-450/mo) and are worth looking into if you're seeking the bookworm graduate student life, devoid of roommate drama.

Other places the girls in my entourage found appealing were the Midtown Cottages (owned by http://www.londonandstetelman.com/), also we came across some private houses for rent scattered throughout the nicer neighborhoods northwest of WCU. Our reconnaissance was kind of under-whelming so they'll be going back on a weekday with a game plan to get a better idea of what Hattiesburg has to offer.

Others on facebook have mentioned the Cottages which to me seemed a tad on the lavish side. Admittedly that's all relative to what one considers excessive. Bottom line, the price was around 560/person. It did seem to perhaps run the risk of putting oneself at ground zero for party central so if the frat-tastic life is for you then be sure to give them a holler. They did look fun and could easily be the nicest place one could come by without accidentally stumbling upon something better in downtown or in one of the surrounding neighborhoods.

Also if anyone is interested in starting an unofficial student site, PM me about a collaborative project. Preferably some background in webpage design would be helpful. Thanks.

I just got accepted this Monday.
When should I go down there to look for an apartment? (How early, I guess)
:love:

This is meant for the WCU-COM class of 2014 - for those interested in contributing content of any kind there is a project website currently under development at http://www.MSDOstudents.com
Check it out and for those who have been accepted go ahead and register with the site. You have to be a registered user in order to access the forum, clinical sites, and notes service. Registration request will only be considered for accepted students.

If there are any problems registering please send an email to [email protected].

Thanks

Last edited:
Depending on the lecture recording policy there may be audio posted from class on Notes Service. It's really just a wait and see to make sure there's nothing the school would be against but this is a rough draft so it can evolve as the school handbook takes shape as well. Any help collaborating on this project would be greatly appreciated. Also student organizations seeking a webhosting service can be granted admin privileges for uploading and maintaining those sites through MSDOstudents.com. The organization will be allowed ample webspace with which to operate their site.

Last edited: