WCUCOM vs KYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

screechweasel

Reaction score
KYCOM Pros:
- You get free stuff, which is cool
- pretty cheap relatively
- is slightly closer to home, has rotations in Michigan
- mountains are nice to hike through

KYCOM Cons:
- Heavy OMT focus
- one of the guys on the student forum rubbed me the wrong way which I know doesn't matter really but I'm listing it anyway
- very rural, isolated town
- unsure of how much culture shock I'll get from moving from northern MI to eastern KY

WCUCOM Pros
- also pretty cheap
- have heard good things about faculty
- Hattiesburg is an actual city which is nice
- can rotate in MS delta which sounds cool to me

WCUCOM Cons:
- Is in southern Mississippi (Hot and wet)
- one time got destroyed by a tornado?
- is a Baptist school
- unsure of how much culture shock I will get moving from northern MI to southern MS

I got accepted at KYCOM and at WCUCOM and I'm trying to decide between the two schools. I'm from a very rural area in Michigan so I don't think the extremely rural nature of Pikeville will be a hurdle to me, but I've also wanted to live in an actual city for a while. Additionally, I don't particularly care about OMT and I know KYCOM places a lot of emphasis on that. I'm also on the waitlist for MSUCHM and waiting to hear back from MSUCOM post interview, and if I get into either one of those schools I'll be going there.

Thanks folks!

Members don't see this ad.

kycom. Wcu has made a comeback lately but the reputation and success rate isn’t as good. Look at their board pass rates over the years. Good luck.