We Can't Tell You Who WWe Are: Animorphs Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awe... You really are like me. You broke the tie and put yourself in the lead.

If I'm going to die anyway, there's no reason to take another person with me (unless they seem extremely sketchy).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Tally: Waffles! Edition

WZ (2) - SOV, Hmoo
AM (3) - Kata, FB, WZ
Jayna (1) - MJ
Deva (2) - FFM, PBC
KC (1) - Ceke
SOV (1) - Dy
FB (3) - Genny, Deva, AM
Guis (1) - WTF
Jilary (1) - Zen
Zen (1) - RM
Saki (1) - Guis
Kata (2) - Gwen, Jilary
PBC (1) - Lupin
Gwen (1) - Jayna
RM (1) - Saki
STL () -

22/22 accounted for - ~30 minutes remaining.
Please double check your votes, you know my typical tallying skills.

She may be toying with my emotions, I don't know, I mean she broke one tie and put herself in the lead, but then she created another tie. My heart says "break the tie" but my head is saying "are you sure about this?"

I really didn't have a reason for voting kata. FB just seemed pretty eager to jump on me, so that's why I'm voting for her.

Oh geez. Was not expecting to be tied for the lead with 10 minutes to go. I'm just getting home from the clinic (on an offsite) and have had limited time to catch up on the game so I switched my vote to someone who had a recent suspicion.

PBS kid's show "Wild Kratts".
My daughter is in LOVE with Chris and Martin and their power suits. Whenever she has to help around the house she mimics inserting the disc and transforming. She then puts our suits on and makes the sound effects and tries to get us to fly/hop/swim/frog lick whatever with her. Pretty cute and normally successful at getting us to stop cleaning and just play with her!

Reactions: 1 user

b2oqTwm.png

As the night fell and shadowed lengthened, two individuals faced off, both convinced the other was against their cause. There was blood spilled on both sides, and both emerged slightly worse for the wear... hurt and limping.

Unfortunately, one of those battle worn warriors was a Taxxon, a terrifying, centipedal alien creature whose taste for blood extended to cannibalism of their friends and, unfortunately, themselves. So while both emerged from the fight simply injured, the Taxxon smelled the bleeding injuries on itself and began... to feed.

It was quite grotesque. We won't go into the details.

Dead is @Animal Midwife, a villager who could attempt a kill twice during the game, and whose instincts could get the worst of her around injured players.

It is now Night 1. Night will close at 5AM EST, but please try and get actions in this evening.

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
2. @hazelmoo
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man
12. @Gwenevre

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx
16. @WildZoo

The Sharing Meeting
17. @ResoluteMike
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating
20. @genny

Hork-Bajir Valley
21. @Ceke2002
22. @Mad Jack
24. @Saki Nishibi

DEAD

23. @Animal Midwife

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Reminder: You may now PM with the other players within your group until night close. I appreciate being added to those chats but don't require it this game.

And as always, ask any clarification or theme questions in you role PM and the mods will help you out (within reason). :)

So...I'm assuming that line means she would've gone after injured players, but since she was also injured here, she .targeted...herself? I wonder if her target was based on RNG or what and she just got really unlucky. Lost our assassin, but I guess that trait would've been an obvious liability later in the game anyway.

ETA: also reading the wiki, really odd that this species was a villager since they're considered allies of the yeerks...guess this might be another game where role names don't mean much (other than obvious villains, who may have covers?)

So...I'm assuming that line means she would've gone after injured players, but since she was also injured here, she .targeted...herself? I wonder if her target was based on RNG or what and she just got really unlucky. Lost our assassin, but I guess that trait would've been an obvious liability later in the game anyway.

ETA: also reading the wiki, really odd that this species was a villager since they're considered allies of the yeerks...guess this might be another game where role names don't mean much (other than obvious villains, who may have covers?)

Why would you say this? I heartily disagree.

Assassins can prove quite useful in situations such as unlynchable wolves, or instances where they are in communication with a seer and a wolf is found, which would allow targeting of said wolf without the seer having to reveal. The only time an assassin is a liability is when they go off half cocked (no pun intended).

really odd that this species was a villager since they're considered allies of the yeerks
Never mind, upon further reading there were also others who fought the yeerks and seemed to have ended things as allies to the animorphs.

Why would you say this? I heartily disagree.

Assassins can prove quite useful in situations such as unlynchable wolves, or instances where they are in communication with a seer and a wolf is found, which would allow targeting of said wolf without the seer having to reveal. The only time an assassin is a liability is when they go off half cocked (no pun intended).
I am talking about the "whose instincts could get the worst of her around injured players" thing :p What WZ said

Almost seems not that bad, given that her role sounds like it was a garbage disposal for injured players.

Reactions: 1 users
Almost seems not that bad, given that her role sounds like it was a garbage disposal for injured players.
I read it as "assassin who may involuntarily attack injured players"

Who played F'lar in Pern WW? I seem to remember him getting mod messages that the bloodlust was harder to sit on as the game went on. Maybe this was the same type of thing - sit on the ability for too long and the mods use it for you?

Reactions: 1 users
From what I've read assassin's can be very useful to a game, but like WTF said not if they've got some sort of handicap like "well I could take out an alpha wolf, but I could also occasionally spazz out and rip a villagers face off". It sounds like AM was in the latter category of being both an asset and a potential liability. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't we need as many villagers to survive as possible in order to win? I mean yeah great if we've got someone that can take out wolves, but if they're also liable to go bunta on a villager then that's not good for a village win overall.

Reactions: 3 users
Okay, so so far we have a confirmed villager assassin, and two claimed villagers with abilities that sound potentially useful, so now hands up anyone who's a wolf? :D

What, it was worth a shot. :shrug:

Crap... Really wish I had changed my vote a few seconds earlier. I understand how that role could have been sketch, but I have a feeling it could have been useful too.
True...that ability could've just as easily been turned on non-villager injured people too and done some dirty work for us, especially if someone here were able to directly injure and used the power wisely. Kinda high-risk reward though.

True...that ability could've just as easily been turned on non-villager injured people too and done some dirty work for us, especially if someone here were able to directly injure and used the power wisely. Kinda high-risk reward though.

Agreed could have been useful, but difficult to direct/control.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

DEdn8Sv.png

It was a beautiful, cloudless night with a half full moon hanging brightly in the sky. All sorts of interesting things happened, with creatures foreign and native skulking in the dark.

At one point during the night, several of the more sensitive types were awoken by a terrifying "GROOAAARRRRR!" and sickening crunching and slurping noises. The sound died off very quickly, and nobody was particularly interested in investigating it too closely in the darkness.

In the morning, they did investigate, and they found no trace of anything out of place. However, it wasn't long before they realized that one of their numbers was completely gone...

Dead is @Gwenevre, the Orff - a villager who could avoid most night actions with her transparent body. Unfortunately, she couldn't avoid death.

It is now Day 2! Lynch will close at 9PM EST. Remember the two post rule.

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
2. @hazelmoo
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx
16. @WildZoo

The Sharing Meeting
17. @ResoluteMike
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating
20. @genny

Hork-Bajir Valley
21. @Ceke2002
22. @Mad Jack
24. @Saki Nishibi

DEAD

23. @Animal Midwife
12. @Gwenevre

Last edited:
A lithe creature stalked outside my door all evening. Guessing tracker.

With Gwen's ability, I'm guessing this is a role-heavy game.

Lynch MJ

Based on past game observations that there always seems to be one wolf in every group, I know I'm a Villager, and Saki being a newbie I doubt would be given a wolf role just yet (I have a feeling playing as a wolf is a lot harder than playing as a Villager), so process of elimination the logical choice seems to be @Mad Jack

Lynch MJ

Based on past game observations that there always seems to be one wolf in every group, I know I'm a Villager, and Saki being a newbie I doubt would be given a wolf role just yet (I have a feeling playing as a wolf is a lot harder than playing as a Villager), so process of elimination the logical choice seems to be @Mad Jack
Heads up that new players can be given wolf roles. Most recent I can remember is dyachei's basics game, where AlphaBeta was a brand-new player and a wolf.

Also, it may be just me, but starting with 6 wolves in a 24 person game doesn't seem balanced. The only possible way would be if there were no conversions. It's likely that some groups have no wolves. I also wouldn't be surprised if a group had two wolves (through probably not more, with four-person groups). If every group had exactly one wolf, process of elimination would make the game too easy.

Heads up that new players can be given wolf roles. Most recent I can remember is dyachei's basics game, where AlphaBeta was a brand-new player and a wolf.

Also, it may be just me, but starting with 6 wolves in a 24 person game doesn't seem balanced. The only possible way would be if there were no conversions. It's likely that some groups have no wolves. I also wouldn't be surprised if a group had two wolves (through probably not more, with four-person groups). If every group had exactly one wolf, process of elimination would make the game too easy.

That makes sense, hmm, gonna keep my lynch vote for now until I see a better option. Of course I suppose I'd have to keep in mind as well that if you were a wolf you'd be steering me away from a wolf and onto a villager for a lynch, by making sense with explaining things. But then again I'm not getting wolf vibes off you, so...hmm *ponders*

Okay...

Unlynch Mad Jack

Lynch WTF

For some unknown reason I've suddenly had the idea that Trilt could very well have decided to have a bit of inside joke in this game and make @WhtsThFrequency a wolf now that she knows we know each other from way back. It'd certainly make for some interesting game dynamics at the least (Noooo I can't lynch you, I've only just found you again...aaannnd she's a wolf, dagnabit :laugh:). Yeah I'm going out on a limb here, I have a feeling I'll waffle onto someone else at some point. :hardy:

Unlynch WTF

Lynch RM

If @ResoluteMike is a villager then I'm sure whoever forced his role name can find someway to clarify that without necessarily outing themselves. If nobody comes forward then I'd put that as a high suspicion for potential wolf. At least right now that makes more sense to me than Lulzy game dynamics with WTF.

Unlynch WTF

Lynch RM

If @ResoluteMike is a villager then I'm sure whoever forced his role name can find someway to clarify that without necessarily outing themselves. If nobody comes forward then I'd put that as a high suspicion for potential wolf. At least right now that makes more sense to me than Lulzy game dynamics with WTF.

You need to rethink your logic. PMing isn't allowed during the day. The only way the role seer is going to be able to vouch me is by exposing themselves. Is that really a good move for the village?

Reactions: 4 users