Technology We don't sale PDAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasBoy

You talkin' to me?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to Circuit City last weekend to buy a PDA and surprising they told me that they don't sell them anymore because smart phones from phone companies was the wave of the future and would replace the PDA. I went to Best Buy and they had only 1 model in stock and that wasn't even bothered to be put on display, though they could "order" anything you wanted.

Bah, two major electronic retaliers and they don't even bother to stock PDAs now. What about us poor folk that don't want a heavy "all in one wonder toy" of a cell-phone to have to lug around.

Seems like the electronic distributers are practically teaming up to try to force customers to a more expensive (even if its overkill) product.

Booo :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Its the not being able to throughly handle them, ask the representative questions, and compare several models side by side that most annoying.

I really want to look at the Palm TX, though no one I know has one for me to look at and now even the stores don't have them to evaluate. I can't see myself making a $200-$400 dollar investment without being able to compare several choices side by side for a good 30 minutes. But alas... now they don't even have them in stores to look at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been thinking the same thing. Where does anyone even go anymore to buy a handheld PDA? I'm beginning to consider the Treo . . .

Bought my 680 straight off the Palm website. If there are any problems with the device, I didn't want to go through eBay or someone else to take care of them.