We need a pathology forum!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mindy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well can we?:D

Mindy

Members don't see this ad.

This has been addressed in other threads, but there ARE plans to add not only Pathology, but other specialties as well. However, only Lee has the Admninistrative power to add forums and he is out of town until the end of next week. I will remind him when he gets back and settled.

Thank you for your interest in SDN.

Hey Mindy...what have you heard about the job market and salaries for pathologists theses days? I'm considering Path too but dont' want to be left out in the cold without a good job when I finish....

Members don't see this ad :)
If Dr. Cox were still Queen instead of SuperModerator, she could perhaps have decreed the Pathology forum into being.

I would like a Pathology Forum very much also, as I have a strong interest in that branch of things.

Best,

JA

Originally posted by joseph-arveson
If Dr. Cox were still Queen instead of SuperModerator, she could perhaps have decreed the Pathology forum into being.

I would like a Pathology Forum very much also, as I have a strong interest in that branch of things.

Best,

JA

Thanks for the vote of confidence JA, but even as Queen I didn't possess the power of the webmasters. Its only semantics, but I'm still Queen at heart! ;)

Does anyone else notice that half of this "other" residency forum is taken up by people contemplating pathology?

PLEASE!!!!!!

:(

Mindy

No kidding. This is getting ridiculous. What about that message 2 weeks ago saying we would likely get a path forum after some guy returned from vacation? I never post on newsgroups, but I often find myself looking in multiple groups around here for a path topic.
Someone please help us make our lives easier!!

I second that request. We already have a great resident to answers all our questions (thanks, GP :D ); we just need a forum!

Thanks Ludy, but I don't know about great resident I spend way to much time on the computer :) Glad I can help.

<selfish plug to follow>
VCU/MCV has lots of great residents. Hope some of you folks interested in path will check us out.
<end plug> :)

I am applying to MCV. If I end up interviewing there, maybe you'll get to see that I am actually somewhat easy to get along with, despite my ranting and raving on-line presence.

:)

(BTW, you plug well!)

Mindy

Furthermore, only 6 out of 13 of the existing specialty forums have been posted to today. Please, SDN, if you can accomodate both future radiation oncologists who use these forums, you could give your loyal pathology fan club a chance! (Doesn't GP at least deserve it?)

Okay, tirade over for now...

M.

I've been told that a path forum is on its way once <wuts-his/hers-name> returns from <whereever>, so I guess it's on its way.

Originally posted by pathboy
No kidding. This is getting ridiculous. What about that message 2 weeks ago saying we would likely get a path forum after some guy returned from vacation? I never post on newsgroups, but I often find myself looking in multiple groups around here for a path topic.
Someone please help us make our lives easier!!

"Some guy" has now returned from his posh vacation to Texas -- all expenses paid by the Army Reserve. What a vacation! :rolleyes:

:) I've just created a Pathology forum. Enjoy! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
so that means that yaah wears the daddy pants and mindy wears the mommy skirt.

GreatPumpkin is the daddy. Yaah killed daddy! Waaah!

This is, like, a really historic thread...... The Birththread of SDN Path. :love:

There are no daddies or mommies or children. We are all here to have fun and participate!

*holds hands and sings with others*

yaah said:
There are no daddies or mommies or children. We are all here to have fun and participate!

*holds hands and sings with others*
be quiet. you wear the daddy pants.

deschutes said:
Oh dear. How was your day at the hospital, yaah?

Not over yet. Had a kind of long day with grossing because there were a few head and neck commando resections and two bone tumors. Plus an afternoon conference. The only saving grace is I only have a few slides to preview for tomorrow!

yaah said:
Not over yet. Had a kind of long day with grossing because there were a few head and neck commando resections and two bone tumors. Plus an afternoon conference. The only saving grace is I only have a few slides to preview for tomorrow!
that is ****ing awesome yaah.

I am simply flabbergasted... I honestly forgot all about this thread (i.e. 4 freaking years ago.)

Mindy

Or 3 years ago, whatever. I am having a lot of difficulty with times and dates lately :luck:

Hee hee, yeah when I joined in 2003 there were only a handful of pages of posts in this entire forum. Good stuff though! Everyone who has time should peruse through a lot of the old posts on here. Especially if you are thinking about asking a question about salary or dermpath.

yaah said:
Everyone who has time should peruse through a lot of the old posts on here. Especially if you are thinking about asking a question about salary or dermpath.
People like personalized service these days. Perhaps we should reply to those threads with "just PM yaah." :smuggrin:

he does have all of the answers