We regret to inform you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatkitkat

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regret my @$$!!
I got rejected +pissed+ wahhhhhhhhhhhhh :((
this stinks. why why

I am more than just numbers! I wanna make a documentary about this sick application process. Who's up for it?

$h*#!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm sorry!! :( i hear you though - it's soooooo hard to get those letters. even when it's a school you weren't expecting to get in at, it still hurts. and when its a school you expected to at least get an interview, it makes you feel like a big loser. i don't know about the documentary idea, sounds a little depressing to me.

keep your chin up - there IS a school that will look past "just" the numbers and see that we will really be great physicians!!

:)

Don't worry too much! I have made it a hobby to collect rejection letters. I have about 20+ rejection letters I've saved up from the past 10 years! College admissions, scholarship applications, Job applications, and have recently added 5 more Med school letters to my collection.

Rejection and failures make success all the more sweeter! And just remember - you can only go to one school! Good luck!

:p

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally feel your pain mcatkitkat

I got two rejections today and I was rejected twice from Wisconsin.

Hopefully, those thin letters in the future will have some good news for us!

UCLA Paratrooper

You got sympathy from everyone else, but I am up for the documentary part of your post. :p

X

Originally posted by X
You got sympathy from everyone else, but I am up for the documentary part of your post. :p

X

Especially if there are nekkid ladies in it.

now everyone knows a movie or documentary cannot be great without a nekkid lady in it, so of course there will be, in fact at least 2.

X

Funny story to enlighten everyone who will be getting rejection letters - and everyone will be getting one at some point, almost guaranteed:

My husband's best friend was kicked out of college for some really, really dim grades his freshman year - one of those .45 GPA types who spent his first year hanging out with his pals Bud, Johnnie Walker and Jack Daniels.

The call from the Dean to his parents said he was "not of college caliber" and suggested he try trade or vocational school. He appealed and was sent a rather acrimonious, letter from the same dean saying he would never amount to college material, and therefore the university would not and could not spend precious time and resources on allowing him back in the classroom. The dean also wrote that he seriously questioned the academic merit of any institution that would allow him into the university system.

The dean died of a heart-attack two weeks later, and our friend was readmitted into the university upon his next appeal.

Five years later and one new dean later, he graduated from this "meritless" university.

His diploma hangs in a dual frame next to the above letter from the dearly departed dean in the office of the company he runs!

SEE - rejection letters can be made into fun art!

a fellow interviewee told me there's a bar in Davis that gives you a free beer if you bring in a rejection letter. how kick ass is that!?!

Originally posted by pocwana
a fellow interviewee told me there's a bar in Davis that gives you a free beer if you bring in a rejection letter. how kick ass is that!?!

Bars that do cool stuff like this rule! :) There's one around here that has a similar deal I think if you bring the cover page from your senior essay on a particular date near when they're due.