Weak on Anatomy and Physiology - which accelerated nursing programs cover them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spin

me right round baby
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost done with my BS in Biochemistry, and I'm seriously considering going into either an accelerated BSN program or an entry-level MSN program next year. The problem: I'm really weak on Anatomy and Physiology. I've taken the classes, but they just didn't stick as well as my chem and bio classes did.

So: Are there any accelerated BSN programs or entry-level MSN programs that include A&P as part of the curricculum? So far the only one I've managed to find is at Yale. I'm not looking for opinions or reassurances, I just want to know which other programs cover those subjects. (I'd prefer BSN programs so I can work for a while before specializing, but either option is ok.)

PS: Until now I've been looking at the schools on this list hoping to get lucky: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/Education/pdf/APLIST.PDF If anyone has any better ideas, let me know! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm almost done with my BS in Biochemistry, and I'm seriously considering going into either an accelerated BSN program or an entry-level MSN program next year. The problem: I'm really weak on Anatomy and Physiology. I've taken the classes, but they just didn't stick as well as my chem and bio classes did.

So: Are there any accelerated BSN programs or entry-level MSN programs that include A&P as part of the curricculum? So far the only one I've managed to find is at Yale. I'm not looking for opinions or reassurances, I just want to know which other programs cover those subjects. (I'd prefer BSN programs so I can work for a while before specializing, but either option is ok.)

PS: Until now I've been looking at the schools on this list hoping to get lucky: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/Education/pdf/APLIST.PDF If anyone has any better ideas, let me know! Thanks :)

You might be better served asking this question at www.allnurses.com.

hi, I'm a new BSN graduate i just took my board exam last June 2009 and while waiting for the result, I worked at the hospital as a volunteer. The first few weeks of my work was quite exciting and interesting. I've learned a lot of things in the hospital that I did not learned from school, so it is an advantage for having this experienced, but as days passed by, I slowly got bored and tired of working, maybe because I don't earned money or I just want another job or work that is something fullfilling for me. Im planning to quit this but then, where should I go? I don't want to stay at home and do household chores. I want to find another job or go back to school perhaps, however, If I will not continue my work it would be a shame for me to my colleagues and to the staff. Does anyone have idea how to solve this dilemma?

Didn't you get the results of your NCLEX by now? I find it hard to believe you were working in the hospital as a nurse as a volunteer, unless you're in the Phillipines (I understand they do this to new grads there because nursing positions are hard to find).