Wearing a necklace with scrubs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stratman9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a med student, and am doing some rotations soon where I'll be wearing scrubs a lot. I usually wear a necklace for religious reasons, and am wondering if I'm going to run into any trouble if I want to wear it under my scrubs. Is this commonly accepted, considered a faux-pas, or banned altogether? I really have no idea.

Members don't see this ad.

No one will care unless it's some kind of gigantic, Flavor Flav monstrosity. All girls I know in surgery wear their wedding bling on a necklace, as do some guys. :thumbup:

No one will care unless it's some kind of gigantic, Flavor Flav monstrosity. All girls I know in surgery wear their wedding bling on a necklace, as do some guys. :thumbup:

Dammit, then where am I supposed to keep my huge clock?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought this post said necktie with scrubs...

i say why not. if ur wearing it under your scrubs, no one's gonna see it anyways.

Wear it. What is with all these " Should I wear make-ups or necklaces or nice clothes" posts ? I will go ahead answer a question that someone else might soon ask - if she should wear panties under scrubs: the answer is no. It is sexier when you wear nothing underneath, and guys love it. You welcome.

No one will tell you anything as long as its under your scrubs and not sitting over.

It is okay to wear your necklace with your scrub.