Wearing suit to dental volunteering interview when it's 105 F degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlt2796

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
What do you think if I wear something less formal such as polo shirt and khakis pants? It has been around 105 F afternoon and it can shoot to 110 F, so I'm afraid I will sweat like crazy if I wear formal suit. :(

Members don't see this ad.

You're going to be embarrassed when other people show up dressed more formal, so you may just have to deal with sweat.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi,
What do you think if I wear something less formal such as polo shirt and khakis pants? It has been around 105 F afternoon and it can shoot to 110 F, so I'm afraid I will sweat like crazy if I wear formal suit. :(
Or you can get the fancy tank top and shorts, too, you know? Especially the really expensive ones.
JK. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just wear the suit jacket when you're inside since they have AC. You can take it off if they walk you around. Remember to look sharp! :naughty:

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys... the title says "dental volunteering" interview, not dental school interview.

OP, can you elaborate a little on what type of interview you're referring to? What kind of organization, what position, etc.?

Reactions: 10 users
Skip the jacket and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
It's a small community dental clinic (here its website http://www.saintehc.org) and the position I'm applying to is dental volunteer. Since the director didn't tell me exactly what she was looking for, she implied by asking me if I had any dental assistant experience (there is no license requirement to work as dental assistant in AZ). I think it will be some office tasks or something like that. I will be interviewed by the clinic director, and she told me to bring a picture ID, reference list and a resume. It's pretty much not formal because it will be around the closing time of clinic, a small talk I guess. I know it's good to wear suit in order to have good first impression, but considering hot temperature in Tucson, AZ now is different story.

Since you say "pretty much not formal" and it's a dental "volunteering" interview I think I would just go with business casual.

Reactions: 1 users
Khakis and a nice button up shirt with dress shoes. Doesn't sound like the time or place for a suit. Don't sweat it!

Reactions: 4 users
I agree, button up shirt and khakis or dress pants will be fine. I think a suit would be overkill even in good weather.

Reactions: 1 user
Shirt is fine, but make sure it is not only clean, but ironed. Just been to an interview with several guys wearing shirts straight from the dryer - very sloppy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1439579921.480318.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1439579921.480318.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Guys... the title says "dental volunteering" interview, not dental school interview.

OP, can you elaborate a little on what type of interview you're referring to? What kind of organization, what position, etc.?
LOOOOOOL You cant blame them, I mean who even starts a discussion about wearing a suit to dental volunteering interview lmfao.