Weather from Ohio to New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jet915

Shi*ter's Rule
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for those who live around those two states. I have an interview in Ohio and then one in NY in early Nov. (Nov. 7-12). I was wondering if it usually snows around that time in these areas cause I am contemplating flying to Ohio and then driving to New York (doing some sight seeing in between). However, if it's gonna most likely snow, then it probably wouldnt be safe for me to drive and instead I would fly from Ohio to New York. Thanks!

Jetson

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from NY, 30mins by car from NYC and you dont have to worry about snowing in Nov. here..
Cant tell you much about Ohio though..sorry

Well it depends on where in NY you are headed. If you are going to NYC then you will probably be safe from the snow. However, if you are headed upstate then you may possibly run into some snow. Hope that helps.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Snow is possible, but you will more probably see cold rain. Neither are too much fun to drive in. Then again it could be totally clear. Weather up here is not very predictable that time of year...

I live in Cincinnati and weather around here is usually OK that time of year, sometimes a little snow but nothing too bad. Now if you are going to be up in northern Ohio and then on to New York, you may encounter some bad weather because of the lake effect snow around the Great Lakes. It was about 32 degrees this morning here in Cincy and expected to be cool all week. I have lived in Ohio most of my life and I do remember a Halloween when I was a kid that we got 14 inches of snow and trick or treating was cancelled so there is always a CHANCE that you might hit bad weather but probably not too likely.

I guess the real question is how comfortable you would be driving if you did encounter snow. It wouldn't bother me unless it was a blizzard but I have driven in hazardous conditions since I was 16. My Mom lived in New England for a few years and she doesn't give driving in 2 feet of snow a thought, but she's very experienced in driving in deep snow. I have friends that come from warm states and they totally freak out with 1/2 in or freezing rain. Make your decision based on your confidence in yourself being able to deal with the decision. You don't want to be stressed out at your interviews because you spent the last 14 hours driving through a winter storm.

Also remember that most Interstates tend to be reasonably clear of snow and usually salted pretty well. It's only in outerlying areas that they aren't salted and such. I'd imagine Ohio to NYC is a traveled enough route, that it shouldn't be too big a problem, even if there was snow, which there probably wouldn't be too too much of in November.