weather in philadelphia and pittsburgh in janurary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twinklit

UCSF2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any idea what teh typical weather will be like? what are the chances that my flight is going to be delayed/cancelled? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

twinklit said:
any idea what teh typical weather will be like? what are the chances that my flight is going to be delayed/cancelled? thanks

Never having visited those places, I can still confidently say the weather will suck.

bundle up and bring a shovel

Members don't see this ad :)
twinklit said:
I lived in Philly for 6 yrs - I got my BS at Drexel University- Weather is fine . 50's F to low 40F at night.

sumozmom said:
I lived in Philly for 6 yrs - I got my BS at Drexel University- Weather is fine . 50's F to low 40F at night.

in january?! i lived in maryland for about a decade, and the avg was about 40F during the day and 20's at night, PA has to be colder ...

I lived in Pittsburgh for a year. january and february are COLD! Think lows around 5-10 degrees, high around 25-30. it does snow and flights might be delayed, but thats 100% impossible to predict. Still, I might give yourself a little extra time on flights.

I believe the forecast will be bad to aweful with a chance of mediocre.

My good friend (a first year at UF this year) had her flight delayed last year on her way to Pitt - she ended up missing her interview...I don't know if taking an extra day of school/work is feasible for you, but it might be something to consider.

it's gonan be my first time flying, ever.........interview is on a monday, i'm taking a sunday morning flight there, hopefully its not delayed too badly