Weather Inhibiting Interview Attendance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr doctor in sd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have an upcoming interview in the heart of New York City conveniently scheduled in a week during the midst of a huge snow storm that has caused tons of flights this holiday season to be cancelled/postponed.

I was wondering - if I am somehow unable to get on a flight the day before my interview, will the admissions committee be very accommodating about this and give you another interview date soon after? Or will they sort of be a hassle to reschedule with and/or hold a grudge against something out of your control?

I'm sure i am being overly paranoid and of course they would understand but I guess I am here just to hear it from someone else so I can get comfort out of that? haha :oops:

Thanks! and Merry (late) Christmas! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I have an upcoming interview in the heart of New York City conveniently scheduled in a week during the midst of a huge snow storm that has caused tons of flights this holiday season to be cancelled/postponed.

I was wondering - if I am somehow unable to get on a flight the day before my interview, will the admissions committee be very accommodating about this and give you another interview date soon after? Or will they sort of be a hassle to reschedule with and/or hold a grudge against something out of your control?

I'm sure i am being overly paranoid and of course they would understand but I guess I am here just to hear it from someone else so I can get comfort out of that? haha :oops:

They should understand this especially an experienced admissions office. They may either reschedule you a day or two after your initial interview date or possibly just on another date. BUT listen SDN is great, but it shouldn't be your primary source for a good amount of important questions. Call this school's office and ask about this "what if" weather scenario.

Hey everyone,

I imagine any admissions office is going to try to accommodate such circumstances - but their efforts are going to be, to a certain degree, hindered by how booked they are for future interview dates. What you really need to do is call the admissions office and express your concerns tot hem.

Members don't see this ad :)
No!! now you have the admissions committee exactly where you want them...Get to that interview on a sled or some skies if you have to... if they don't accept you after that well.... you just suck lol jk. I don't think it will be a major problem to reschedule but personally I would do everything I can to go if I really wanted to go to that school. Good luck by the way

Don't worry about it. Flights cancelled this morning are going out later today. Your interview obviously isn't until after the 3rd and things will be fine by then.

Unless there's another storm.