weed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is a question, guys: do the medschools "offer" a drug test prior to acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of that, and I received a few acceptances this year. As for when you are actually in med school, I'm not sure if you can be subject to drug tests -- that's an interesting question.

i know that mt. sinai "offers" to do that for incoming first years. it must make them feel VERY special.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does no one know the answer to this or are people afraid to say?

Hope not...just came back from all over Europe and was subject to areas in Amsterdam, Holland filled with uh...*ahem*...second hand smoke. I'd be screwed.

wyldstyle2000

First off, I'll be honest that I do not know the answer. However, I think I remember reading that when you are in your 3rd/4th years and residency they consider you part of the staff (i.e., like any other employee who works with the patient population). If that is true & my memory is correct, then you could conceivably be tested during school while on any clinical rotations. However, like I said before, I do not know for sure. Maybe someone in their clinical years or residency could answer this???

The problem is, as clinical students, we pretty much only know for sure what the school we're at requires, but not schools in general.

Stanford does not require drug tests for students, but I have no idea about other schools.

I thought that this would be a good forum to clarify an issue related to my username--

I do NOT smoke marijuana. I have also never inhaled, for that matter.

So far we've got:

- Mount Sinai tests the incoming class

- Stanford doesn't

So far we've got:
- Mount Sinai tests the incoming class

- Stanford doesn't

Let's get this baby off the ground. What other schools do or don't test?