Week before test, how many Practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badapplestix

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my MCAT on 3/28, and my last final is on 3/20. Is it OK if I do a practice test every day (I won't take one on the 27th). Right now I'm taking one a week, but I'll have some leftovers after my finals. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll burn out if you do that. Take a test every other day or every three days depending on how many tests you possess. Remember, you have to thoroughly review your test. On one day, take a test and do NOTHING else MCAT related. No flashcards, reviewing, nothing. Next day, review your practice test and go over problem areas. This should take a full day or more if you're doing it right.

Going over the test should take a FULL day or MORE?

Really? After I take a test, I usually don't go over questions I got write in PS and BS because, it's tough to get those right through guessing. If I guessed, then I of course review. Otherwise, I got the question right because I thought it through the right way. Does this call for review of the question anyway?

For VR, I usually spend more time reviewing. I skim through questions I got right, because here I need to make sure I thought it through properly, and spend more time on questions I got wrong.

How'd review take a full day? :confused:

I usually take 3-5 hours going over a test. I usually go over the problems I get right too. I usually don't spend as much time going over them though. That way I can understand why I got them right. Then I can make sure I am using the same logic the next time, if it was the correct logic.

I took the 1/31 Saturday MCAT and did my last two practices on the Sunday before and the Wednesday before. You don't want to burn out or even worse bomb one because your tired from too many tests.